Partner
Australia
Partner

6Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Custom Reports

Can someone within MYOB please help!!

The importance of ROLE MANAGEMENT and that it should cover all aspect of setting up a role within the program, and all features promoted.

This particular company has been using MYOB and its various versions of MYOB for 24+ years finally ending with MYOB Enterprise which MYOB no longer supported and for which the MYOB AccountRight Premier was supposed to allow complete convertion to.

The major client updated from the Enterprise version to the AccountRight Premier online version (now that it has Locations/warehouse and Multicurrency in June of this year.

We have now found out that the functionality of the Custom Reports has changed from the secure version in MYOB Enterprise where if you were not give accessibility within your role you could not see any custom reports from roles that you were not given access to.

It has now been bought to my attention that apparently that custom reports is only to be used for basic customisation.

That no one should save payroll, profitiably and balance sheet reports that have been customised in this function that is available within MYOB Account Right/Premier as every who needs to set up or has a customised report made for them to complete there employment rost can see and access ever other staff members customised reports.  Even those of the HR Department ,  the Payroll Department and or the High level reporting required by the Finance Deparment.

Customisation Reports Function does not adhere to the Roles proticols that are setup to disable employees having access to functions that are not relevant to them. Especially the private and confidential payroll information for customised reports.

I now seek advice from any of the developers addons that have developed  custom reports to ask this same question.  If this is purchased and would the security proticols be any different to what MYOB have given us with AccountRight?

I also would like to ask if MYOB have had enough registered  WISHES, requests/complaints from customers for this function to be fully managed by the User Roles so that they can only see the reports that the role gives them no matter whether it is a customised report or not.

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
43,275 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

43,275Posts

5,816Kudos

6,465Solutions

Re: Custom Reports

Hi @Crompton 

AccountRight 2021 user access is controlled by role with each role having access to a function or feature. For example, you might give a salesperson the sales role within the company file that would allow them to complete sales tasks (enter sales, receive payment...).

In terms of reports and user access, these are broken into the tabs of the Index to Reports. For example, a user can have access to the Sales reports but not the Purchase Reports. You can even prevent access to the Index to Reports altogether if you wish.

With Custom reports, these are shared across the company file so if a user has access to the Custom reports function in the Index to Reports they would have access to all custom reports available in the file. This would include ones generated by other users. You can also disable Custom report access for certain user roles through Setup>>User Access>>Manage roles>>Selecting the Role name -- Reports>>Unticking Custom.

In saying that, if you are using the company file online, the AccountRight Browser has the ability to set custom reports to be saved. These can be configured so that the custom report is only available to you or all users that have access to that file through that platform. Note: Custom reports saved through this channel will not appear in the My Custom Reports in the Desktop application.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Crompton
Partner
6 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

6Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Custom Reports

Hi that is a solution thank you and I will advise the client to try this.

They only use the online version as some of the features they use are only available on this version and not the web brower version, plus they also have really **bleep**py nbn in the area and it runs really slowly.

Sandy

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post