Delete Pay Items Account Right

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Nicole_007
Experienced User
50 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

50Posts

15Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Delete Pay Items Account Right

Can any one advise how to delete Pay Items. Previous bookkeeper has created individual pay items which now ( technically) be Assigned in ATO reporting. I would just prefer to remove all items not required. These are in Superannuation - each employee has their own pay item ( yes I know), Deductions, eg cash advance - which are not used, plus a few in wages & salary, eg Fuel Reimbursement. Any help on getting these out of MYOB would be great.

I am hoping that I don't need to assign them as we are not using them but with STP phase 2 , will it put a spanner in the works with reporting and being up todate with the ATO?

Thanks

Nicole

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Delete Pay Items Account Right

Hi @Nicole_007,

To Delete a Pay item:

1. Go to the Lists dropdown and choose Payroll categories
  2. Click the tab for the type of pay item you want to delete.
  3. Click to open the pay item.

4. Click Edit.
  5. click Delete wage category.

Please note, you can't delete a pay item that's been used in a pay, or has history recorded in an employee's record. If the pay item is no longer in use, ensure that no employees are assigned to it, and you could place a 'Z' in front of the name so it appears at the bottom of your Pay items list. 

If you had any further queries, do reach out. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Nicole_007
Experienced User
50 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

50Posts

15Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Delete Pay Items Account Right

Thank you for your solution.  As all items have been created and payments applied I will use the Z suggestion & move them all to the bottom, out of mind out of sight. So many to clean up.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post