Delete a Pay that has been recorded twice

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Partner
4 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Delete a Pay that has been recorded twice

Good morning, 

On the 3rd July I was completing pays when my computer crashed. But the pays had been recorded. 

Thinking that it wasnt recorded, I went back and did it again, saved the aba file and loaded it through the bank to pay employees. Employees were paid on time and everything went through no problems. Only one payslip was sent to the staff. 

The issue is that when I have done pays this week, it was noted that all the leave balances (Personal/Annual) that had been done that week were duplicated - ie people who accrued leave doubled up for that week, and those that took leave had their leave deductions doubled. 

So I need to go back and delete one lot of pays that have been recorded. I have found the transactions under Acconts/Transaction Journal/Payroll. However the pays that I need to delete are greyed out. I have changed user to the old administrator to try and delete the transactions. But again I was unable to have them deleted. 

Can you please advise another course of action to have one of the pays completed on the 3rd July to be deleted. As come the end of the month it wont just affect leave it will affect payroll tax payments and super payments. So if I can get a resolution quickly that would be great

Thanks 

Mark Richardson 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
811 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

811Posts

145Kudos

122Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Delete a Pay that has been recorded twice

Hi @CaraB

Thank you very much for posting on the MYOB Community Forum. I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge.

Please see our help note on Changing a recorded pay for details of the following. Can we check a few things:

• Go to Setup->User Access->Security->Transactions can’t be changed…. – this needs to be Unticked in order to delete a pay. Also untick the lock period if it is ticked, and close and reopen all your windows.
  • Was this pay done via electronic payments? If so you need to delete the electronic payment before deleting the pay run. If applicable, please go to Bank Register and find the electronic payment and delete it, then try and delete the pay run.
  • Have you paid super or any other pay liability on this pay run? If you’ve complete pay super, you wont be able to delete the pays, you will need to reverse them. If you’ve completed some other payroll liability, please delete that and then try and delete the pay run again.

If none of these options work, you may need to reverse the pay. To Reverse:

• Ensure the security option for preventing changes is ticked.
  • Open the pay transaction, click Edit->Reverse, and record. Please make a note of the payment type, and ensure the linked account for this payment method is correct. To check linked accounts go to Setup->Linked Accounts->Payroll linked accounts, the cash or cheque payment method should be the same as the original bank account these went to.
  • If the pay was paid electronically, it will go back to the electronic payments register. Please go to Prepare Electronic Payments, select the pay runs, and record the electronic payment against your bank account as normal. It will not save an ABA file, but you will record the electronic payment.

Please do let me know if you need any further help at all.

Kind Regards,

Stuart W
MYOB Client Support
Highlighted
Partner
4 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions