Deleted payroll in ATO verification report

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Paradigm
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Deleted payroll in ATO verification report

We had an employee finished on 30th Jun 2021 and had his final pay. 

by mistake, payroll of $224.10 processed under his name in Aug 2021. The payroll was deleted in Aug 2021then a zero pay run was done to try to fix the problem. In MYOB's Paroll reporting centre, it shows "0" under "Gross payments" and "0" under "PAYG withholding". I thought the problem was solved.

But in preparing end of year payroll report, I realised the $224.10 was reported to ATO as gross payment for the employee. So my MYOB payroll summary report total and ATO's YTD verificatin report are $224.10 out.

How do I fix this problem? Would I re-enter gross pay $224.10 for this employee then reverse it to fix the error?

Or this entering then reversing does nothing and this $224.10 remains under his name?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Deleted payroll in ATO verification report

Hi @Paradigm 

Thanks for your post. STP sends the YTD amounts from the employee card to the ATO. When a pay run is deleted the YTD amounts are removed from the employee card so won't be reported through STP.

I'd recommend running the Payroll activity report and Payroll register report. The activity report gets it's data from the pays processed in Process Payroll. The register report gets it's data from the employee card>>Pay history. These reports should always be the same, if they're not it indicates a manual change has been made to the employee card>>Pay history. You would need to change the employee card>>Pay history back to what it should be and send an update event to correct STP.

Please let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post