Deleting Unprocessd Electronic Payments

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ianed
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Deleting Unprocessd Electronic Payments

Hi,

Hoping someone can give me an easy way to do this. Here is what I sent to Chat (but didn't get a reply):

Ian
Hi, in Account Right 19 is there an easier way to delete Unprocessed Electronic Payments?
I have a lot listed there because I had to redo the April payruns three times with all the changing advice regarding JobKeeper
7:22 PM
Ian
So I have pays and pay reversals in Electronic Payments which I don't want there any more. I've tried deleting the Reversals (and the Pays) one by one and then recording them again but they just come back under a new number
7:23 PM
Ian
I could try changing all the employees to Cash payments somehow (I think this is what I did last time this happened but I forget the details) and doing it all again but it is very time consuming. I am reluctant to just delete the transactions because of the mess I am in already which I don't want to make worse or delete the paper trail.
So I just want to take those entries out of the Electronic Payments so they don't keep coming up every time I do a pay run
7:27 PM

Thanks. I have read the Help section and Community posts from 2016 and 2019 (but I would rather not start a new Linked Account if possible).

Also how do I stop this from happening again?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
ianed
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Deleting Unprocessd Electronic Payments

I found another post from 4 weeks ago which said to clear the unprocesssed payments you need to create the ABA file. I did that and the entries are all gone. I just hope that MYOB doesn't now think I have paid all those pays because a lot of them were wrong (and I have reversed them)?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @ianed 

There are three "true" ways to clear out the Prepare Electronic Payments window:

• Process the transaction to a listed bank account in AccountRight. This will, in turn, generate a transaction against that account typically a withdrawal. You could potentially look at moving that balance to another account through a journal entry but best speak to an accountant in relation to that.
  • Edit the transactions in that window so that they don't appear in that window i.e. update the bank account on the transaction to be a different account.
  • Delete the transactions in that window so they don't show as paid.

All of these options do have a flow-on effect to an account or will impact the file in some way (i..e deleted payments will make the purchases open...). This brings the other method into play, which I have listed below for you:

1. Create a new bank account - Accounts>>Accounts List>>New - give the account a number, name and set the account type to be Bank.
  2. Once created go to Setup>>Linked Accounts>>Accounts and Banking.
  3. Set the Bank Account for Electronic Payments to be that newly created account.

As the system will look for all transactions in that Bank Account for Electronic Payments to populate the Prepare Electronic Payments window, updating that to be a new account there will no transactions thus the window will be blank.

In your case, it sounds like you have processed the transactions from that window. This is an acceptable method although it is worth noting that the bank account used on that transaction will have a withdrawal. This could throw out the reconciliation of that account. You may want to speak to an accountant about recording a journal entry to debit that bank account to create a deposit transaction to cancel out the withdrawal. The other option would be to delete the generated electronic payment and use the change the Bank Account for Electronic Payments process to clear that window.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

ianed
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Wow, that's very comprehensive, thanks Steven. Would you have any tips on how to stop this from happening again e.g. if I have to do a pay reversal how do I stop it from appearing in the Electronic Payments window?

Thanks

Ian

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @ianed 

With the release of the AccountRight 20xx range, a change was made in which reversed payroll transactions actually have the Cash payment method. This is to avoid these types of transactions ending up in the Prepare Electronic Payments window and being left in that window without any action.

Ideally, if you have not recorded the payment to the employee you want to delete the payroll transaction to avoid impact on the accounts as no action has taken place on the banking side of things. Alternatively, if you did want to reverse the transaction you would be looking at updating the payment method of that transaction to be a different payment (Cheque or Cash) prior to reversing the transaction. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

ianed
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions