Deleting a duplicate payroll entry in ATO via STP

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
DuncanR1952
Contributing User
23 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

23Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Deleting a duplicate payroll entry in ATO via STP

I have accidentally entered a duplicate pay and reported it to the ATO.  So on 1 October in ATO portal there are two pays where there should be one.  Removing the entry in MYOB is dead easy, that's not the problem.

The ATO have said "that's an Update Event" and I should contact MYOB for the fix.  So how do I remove or zero this duplicate in the ATO's records?

5 REPLIES 5
Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,902Posts

0Kudos

223Solutions

Re: Deleting a duplicate payroll entry in ATO via STP

Hi @DuncanR1952 

Thanks for your post. I hope you're finding plenty of useful tips, advice and support on the community forum. 

The payroll reporting center retains the reports for compliance, audit and reporting purposes so cannot be deleted.  With that said, the ATO is interested in the YTD figures so they take the most recent submission provided. Whenver you have to change a recorded pay you can update the ATO by waiting for the next pay event, or completing a $0 pay run.  The nil pay pulls through the YTD figures and updates the ATO; more information in the link provided. 

I hope this helps. If this answers your post please mark 'Accept as Solution' to help other users in their search. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

DuncanR1952
Contributing User
23 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

23Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your response, but I don't see how it solves the problem.  Let's say an employee is paid $10k per month on the 1st of the month, and that in October, two pays were entered in STP instead of one.  So on October 2nd, the employee's YTD in ATO is $50k rather than $40k as it should be, and now (mid November) $60k rather than $50k.

How does entering a $0 or void payrun and reporting it to ATO change the employee's YTD figures in ATO-land?

Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,902Posts

0Kudos

223Solutions

Hi @DuncanR1952 

To clarify, you must first correct the pay within AccountRight. So whether that's reversing or deleting the pay, based on the info provided in the link, you first correct that amount.  Then completing the $0 pay run pulls through the correct YTD figures.  Since the ATO accepts the most recent submission of YTD figures, the $0 pay is an update pay even for the ATO. 

If the YTD amounts are correct and the employee has been properly paid, then the ATO would be properly informed and no changes would need to be made. As mentioned, there's not the ability to delete a payroll report from the STP reporting center, so as long as the most recent submission is accurate then the ATO is satisfied.

I hope this clarifies. If your inquiry has been answered please mark 'Accept as Solution' to help other users in their search. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

DuncanR1952
Contributing User
23 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

23Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Theresa, I think I get it.  Provided MYOB is correct (checking also Payroll Register and Actvity Summary match), and $0 payrun will send through the correct YTD figures to ATO, which will update the figures that are there?

Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,902Posts

0Kudos

223Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @DuncanR1952 

Correct, this will update the ATO. Additional information in the post I linked above regarding the $0 pay, it explains this. 

If this answers your post please mark 'Accept as Solution' to help other users in their search. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post