Deleting a transaction in "prepare electronic payment" screen

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
RRS28
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Deleting a transaction in "prepare electronic payment" screen

I had three transactions that i wanted to delete from this screen without consequence to the MYOB system.  In previous versions of MYOB you could just delete the transaction.  The bottom line is that you cannot delete these transactions anymore.  Advice from MYOB tech support was:  

Basically, I needed to create a new M-Powered Electronic Payment account.  I then linked it. To link the new account you go to setup - linked accounts - accounts & banking accounts - select drop down menu for "bank account for electronic payments" and select new account.

Time will tell whether there are any consequences to this action

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Deleting a transaction in "prepare electronic payment" screen

Hi @RRS28 

Typically, there are two true ways to remove a transaction(s) from the Prepare Electronic Payments window:

• Edit the transaction to have a different Pay from Account i.e. not the electronic account OR delete the transaction.
  • Process that transaction to a bank account (could be a dummy account) and then deal with the fallout of that i.e. journal it to another account.

The other way is to create a new bank account in your account lists and then set that account to be the Bank account for electronic payments listed in the Setup>>Linked Accounts>>Accounts & Banking option. In short, when you open the Prepare Electronic Payments window the system checks to see what transactions as listed in the linked account haven't been paid electronically. All those that haven't meet that criteria are displayed in the window. So updating that linked account to be a fresh account without any transactions will make the Prepare Electronic Payments window contain no transactions, no transactions in the linked account means no transactions in the window.

There is only one slight downside of the above process is that the previously linked account may still have a balance associated with it as you would have transactions for that account. You may want to speak to an accounting advisor and recording a journal to transfer that balance to another account. However, that is the only downside of updating that linked account.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post