Deleting payroll from previous period

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
NF3400
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Deleting payroll from previous period

In processing my super for the quarter, I have discovered a payroll for an employee that I believed that I had deleted, and re-entered as a standalone payrun from February.

It now appears twice - even when I delete it form the employee's file as guided to. 

Do I have to delete the complete pay run - or is there a way to input a reversal so that I can remove this from the reporting, and the employee's payfile. 

I will also need to update the STP, will this update and not remove the transactions for the periods input after this fortnight?

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Deleting payroll from previous period

Hi @NF3400 

Thanks for your post. If you have deleted a pay then I would not expect to see it appearing in any AccountRight report. It will, however, still appear in the Payroll Reporting Centre as STP reports can't be deleted from the reporting centre or the ATO Business Portal for audit and security purposes. 

I would start by reconciling your AccountRight reports and confirming that the pay was not deleted and is now recorded twice. If it wasn't deleted, you will need to delete it and then check that the super calculations were correct for the rest of that month: Check and adjust super

Once all has been corrected in AccountRight you can process a $0 pay, with the payment date as today, to update the YTD amounts in STP. As each STP reports overrides the previous one, sending a $0 pay will correct the YTD amounts with the ATO.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

NF3400
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thankyou for your response @Tracey_H - can I confirm that I should be deleting the pay from the employee's card pay history?

Does it matter that there are other employees paid in the same payrun?

The pay is still appearing in the employee card and in the P&L - so clearly not deleted!!

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @NF3400 

To make any adjustments or changes to an employee's pays it does need to processed through Process Payroll and the actual pay transactions need to be deleted. You should not make any changes to the Pay History in the employee card. 

To delete a pay you need to:

1. check that the security preference allows you to delete transactions by going to Setup>>Preferences>>Security tab and making sure Transactions can't be changed they must be reversed is not ticked
  2. go to Transaction Journal>>Payroll tab
  3. find that pay transaction and click on the zoom arrow to open it
  4. click on Edit in the top menu bar and select Delete Transaction

Changing the Pay History in the employee card doesn't delete the pay and it doesn't affect the general ledger accounts, therefore you will still see that pay in your payroll reports and in the P&L. It only changes the month/quarter and YTD totals. You will need to work out what the Pay History should be (including the pay that needs to be deleted) and change the Pay History back to what it should be. Then delete the incorrect pay as per the above steps. Once that pay has been deleted, check and adjust the super as required.

To reconcile your payroll, run the following reports:

• Payroll Activity (summary) - this report gets it's data from transactions processed through Process Payroll
  • Payroll Register (summary) - this report gets it's data from the Pay History of the employee cards

The Activity and Register reports should always be the same. To check that STP is correct, go to the Payroll Reporting Centre and download the report for the most recent report sent. Do this by clicking on the ... button next to the most recent report and select Download Report. The YTD amounts on the STP report should match the YTD amounts in the Activity and Register reports.

Changing a recorded pay 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post