EOFY payroll

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
KGE
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

18Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

EOFY payroll

Hi there,

I've had a moment of oversight. I forgot to close out the financial year before doing the pays yesterday. Can anyone tell me what I need to do in this situation?

Also I haven't used Accountright for about 10 years so I'm a little rusyt on the process of closing out the financial year if anyone can point me in the direction of a procedure for how to do that to that would be great

Thanks Smiley Happy

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: EOFY payroll

Hi @KGE 

Thanks for your post. AccountRight 2020.2 has removed the need to close the payroll year and load the tax tables, the software does this for you. So you can simply process pays for the 2020-21 year and the software will apply the correct tax table and report in the correct financial year. You can also process adjustments in the previous payroll year.

If you have been able to process July pays without getting a error message then it sounds like you are using 2020.2, but you can check this in Help>>About MYOB AccountRight. This blog post has more information on AccountRight 2020.2: AccountRight 2020.2 is now available

When it comes to closing the financial year, typically this is not done until end of year adjustments have been recorded and your accountant has advised that the year can be closed. If you do need to close financial years, this help article will guide you through that process: Close the financial year

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post