EOFY

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LLSH
Experienced User
36 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

36Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

Re: EOFY

Could I do a pay run dated 30/06/2022 witht the missing amount. Then after it is processed, reverse it?

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @LLSH 

As per this Help Article, About backing up company files, online files are automatically backed up weekly and retained for six months. This is not the same as a user backup, we do recommend users back up their files regularly. If you don't have a backup we do offer a backup retrieval service: Backup retrieval 

Reversed pay runs need to be reported to the ATO through STP. If you processed a payrun to correct the YTD amounts, they will be incorrect again once you process the reversal so won't resolve your issue.

You will need to follow the steps in the previously linked post, Payroll activity and Payroll register are not the same, to resolve this.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

LLSH
Experienced User
36 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

36Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Tracey, I am still wondering how the amounts can change when we haven't altered anything?

Is this something to do with STP1 and STP2?  I feel like its a reporting issue in MYOB. The amounts are so different in the 2 reports that there is no way they could be altered to this degree. 

I feel like there is another solution to this that doesn't require altering the pay history which I am not even sure how to do.

LLSH
Experienced User
36 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

36Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

FYI I have attached a copy of the register detail.... This is not a manually adjusted report as you can see.

Capture.PNG
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @LLSH 

As explained previously and in my post, Payroll activity and Payroll register reports are not the same:

The Payroll activity report pulls it's data from pays processed through Process payroll.

The Payroll register report pulls it's data from the employee card>>Pay history.

The YTD verification report and Summary of payments reports in STP also get their data from the employee card>>Pay history.

This means that:

• if the pays processed through payroll are gross YTD $52,000 - the activity report will show $52,000
  • if the employee card>>Pay history is gross YTD $32,000 - the register report and STP reports will show $32,000

The Pay history should be the employee's actual YTD amount, according to what has been processed and paid in Process payroll. 

Manually changing the Pay history is done by going to employee card>>Pay history and overtyping the amounts in the fields. 

This employee's YTD for the Base hourly payroll category is $52,000:

image.png

The activity detail report shows base hourly $52,000:

image.png

The register detail report shows base hourly $52,000:

image.png

I go into the employee card>>Pay history and manually overtype the Base hourly amount to $32,000:

image.png

I re-run the activity report and base hourly is still $52,000:

image.png

I re-run the register detail report and base hourly is now $32,000:

image.png

The only way to resolve this issue is to restore a backup and fix the employee's Pay history.

Something else to note is that the Payroll Summary report (Payroll>>Payroll categories) also gets it's data from the employee card>>Pay history. This means that if the Pay history is incorrect this report will also display incorrect values.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

LLSH
Experienced User
36 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

36Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

Thank you I have restored an earlier version and updated the information.  How do I report the updated information to ATO as I can't do a zero payrun in the back up version? When I look at the current version it is still showing the incorrect amounts.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @LLSH 

If you have moved to STP Phase 2 you need to follow the exact steps in the previously linked post:

1. Take a back up of the current online file
  2. Restore a back up taken on or prior to 30 June
  3. Fix the amounts in the employee card>>Pay History
  4. Process a $0 pay with payment date as 30 June 
  5. Once the YTD verification report is correct finalise STP
  6. Take a back up
  7. Restore the back up of the current online file

If you have moved to STP Phase 2 you will need to restore the previous year back up online. Make sure you take a back up of the current online file before restoring the back up so that you do not lose current year data.

If you are still on STP Phase 1 can you please provide detailed information on why you can't process a $0 pay in the back up? Are you getting an error?

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

LLSH
Experienced User
36 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

36Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

Good Morning, I have accountright desktop version so I am confused about how to merge the back up and the current file. I have upddated the informtion on the back up file but thats as far as I can get as It won't let me send to STP. Yes I am on STP 2

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @LLSH 

You need to follow these steps exactly so that you can finalise STP and don't lose any of your current data:

1. take a back up of your current online file
  2. restore the previous year back up online: Restore your company file
  3. fix the Pay history 
  4. process a $0 pay with payment date as 30 June 2022
  5. once the YTD amounts in the Summary of payments report are correct, finalise STP
  6. take a back up and rename it so that it is easily identifiable as the EOFY back up
  7. restore the back up of the current file online (the back up taken at step 1)

You can't merge the back up and current files. You need to fix and finalise STP in the back up file. Files need to be online to report and finalise STP. So you are replacing the current file with the back up file. When you have finalised STP you need to replace the back up file with the current file.

Make sure you take a back up of your current file before restoring the previous year back up.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post