EOY Payroll not balancing to ATO.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Chris_Hartigan
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

EOY Payroll not balancing to ATO.

I have balanced my EOY Payroll to the Reports available thru MYOB and back to my General Ledger. I have also double checked Bank to make sure all is in order.
However, when I run the new report thing per the ATO my figures do not match.
I have isolated the one employee who is causing the grief. Stangely, the figure that is on the ATO Report is LESS than what is on my Payroll Reports thru MYOB.
This person is terminated but I cannot see the WHY the reduction in the final ATO figure. I have NOT run an adjusted Payroll for him and can account for the 5 pay runs that I did before her was terminated - which matches the Bank Rec and when I look at each individual 'Report to the ATO' for the five weeks that I paid him, the accumulated figure tallies at the end of the 5th week with my MYOB Reports but somewhere it has reduced at the end of the year
Any ideas?

25 REPLIES 25
Chris_Hartigan
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: EOY Payroll not balancing to ATO.

Anyone?????

Jedwa
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

I am having the same issue with multiple employees (both terminated and working).  My verification report is wildly different to what our payroll actually is.  However, the payroll stp report for a final pay shows the correct amount.

Hopefully someone can get back to us soon Chris!

Chris_Hartigan
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

It's just got me snookered to be honest.
ALL the reports balance out EXCEPT the ATO EOY one and the figure is LESS than the accumulated figure. and as I mentioned when I look at the last pay that I did for the person and look at the ATO report for that week the figures tally - as you have done also.
I also ran a manual Payroll Summary - as someone mentioned on another post how to do that -  and that balances out too so it appears to be something at the ATO end - and I just hate to think that I might have to ring the ATO - and sit on the phone for hours........

gavin12345
Ultimate User
4,954 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

4,954Posts

1,000Kudos

633Solutions

Hi @Chris_Hartigan 

Have a look at my post here

ATO Business Portal amounts represent everything lodged for Activity Statement pre fill purposes. This includes duplicate reports, reports with errors and excludes skipped reports. There is no need to reconcile to these prefill figures.

The important thing is what has been reported for Payee YTD amounts in your most recent STP Report - these are not shown on the Business Portal.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Hello @Chris_Hartigan & @Jedwa 

As indicated by Gavin, the BAS Portal will reflect all reports made during the financial year, including any reports that were in error then corrected, duplicate reports, and other discrepancies. While you may have made changes in MYOB, the totals in your BAS Portal would not reflect these changes. This is simply because the BAS Portal is unable to "erase" any reports, leaving what may appear to be a discrepancy between MYOB reports and what the ATO has. 

That said, although this information still exists in the BAS Portal, the ATO will not refer to these specific details, only the current YTD totals that have been sent through by STP. 

I suggest confirming your MYOB reports with the YTD Verification report, which is indicative of what the ATO will be referring to on their end. For further assurance, you can have your employees check their my.gov accounts, and their cumulative YTD totals should match what you see in the MYOB software as well. 

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance! 

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Jedwa
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for the reply @Emily_B , @gavin12345 however this is not my issue.

The YTD Verification report shows incorrect amounts (not enough) for several employees.  However, my other reports (Payroll Activity & Register Summary) and my STP Reports in the BAS Reports and Portal show the right amounts.

Thanks
Jane

Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Hello @Jedwa 

Could I have you try the following: 

1. Ensure that the pay categories for the employees in question are not exempt. To check this in Accountright, go to Payroll > Payroll Categories > Select the various categores applied to those employees by clicking the blue arrow next to it. Then, within each pay category, click on Exempt. This will open a pop-up. Ensure that PAYG Witholding is not ticked. 

If it is ticked, it means these pay categories applied to certain employees would not be showing up in some reports. 

2. After you ensure all payroll categories are not exempt, run a $0 pay for the employees in question. If any pay categories were previously ticked exempt, this $0 pay will push through updated figures inclusive of the previously unincluded pay categores. For instructions on how to do this, please refer to this post. 

Give this a go and let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Chris_Hartigan
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

This is the sequence of my problem. Different to the other poster. My figures, both Gross & PAYG have REDUCED on the ATO Verification Report for one Employee ONLY so it's not a Pay Run as such. 

Employee xxx paid for 5 weeks only at the beginning of FYE June 2020 and had 5 pays only before he terminated.
I will use the PAYG Tax as the example
W/E  4/7 -  $  543
W/E 11/7 - $ 171 – YTD  $ 714 – showing on ATO Accumulated Summary for that week
W/E 18/7 - $ 378 – YTD  $1092 – showing on ATO Accumulated Summary for that week
W/E 25/7 - $ 164 -  YTD  $1256 – showing on ATO Accumulated Summary for that week
W/E  1/8 -  Nil Tax  YTD  $1256  - showing on ATO Accumulated Summary for that week ******

Payroll Activity Report 1.7.19 – 30.6.20 PAYG Tax for Employee XXX - $1256.00
Payroll Register             1.7.19 – 30.6.20 PAYG Tax for Employee XXX - $1256.00

As you can see - so far so good BUT.....

YTD Verification ATO for EOY for Employee XXX showing $1024.00

If I run a Manual Payroll Summary under the old system which you can still do thru the Dropdown Menu – PAYG $1256.

So – ALL my MYOB reports confirm the PAYG Tax for Employee XXX is $1,256 BUT the new super dooper reporting ATO END OF YEAR is showing $1,024.00 but the last week he worked for us it shows $ 1,256 per **** above

If the ATO report is to be believed I should have PAID HIM BACK and that isn't the case.
I don't particularly want to sit on the phone to ATO with the going back & forth that appears to be happening and I am included to issue a Manual Copy of the data from my MYOB and tell him that is the CORRECT DATA and let him sort it out to be honest.

Is there any other report that can be accessed that would show each ATO WEEKLY PAYG individually instead of the 'accumulated sum.

Jedwa
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly @Emily_B ,  unfortunately this is not the solution.  None of the employees pay categories were marked exempt so there is nothing to fix there.  I did run a $0 to check but nothing has changed.

The employees use the same payroll categories as others that have the right amounts recorded in the YTD Reports.

Thanks

Jane

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post