EOY Payroll not balancing to ATO.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Chris_Hartigan
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: EOY Payroll not balancing to ATO.

@gavin12345 

I have/had no intention of running the system right thru to conclusion of creating a EMPDUPE file but using that facility to run Manual Payment Summaries

Chris_Hartigan
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

@Emily_B 

Thank you for your advise. I did indeed run a Zero Pay and for whatever reason known only to the Cyber Gods of the Universe it corrected itself.

I am actually working from home so am trying to view reports switching from one screen to the next but 99.9999%  think it's all ok.
All quite bizarre really as there wasn't one pay that added up to the amount I was out in that one employee and there was only 5 weeks worth of pays anyway.

Whatever the reason the gremlins vacated the building and all is well in my world.

Thanks again
Regards
Chris H

Chris_Hartigan
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

@Jedwa 

Glad you are sorted as indeed am I. As I said to Emily - the Gremlins have left the building - thankfully

None of it makes the slightest bit of sense to me as the Employee involved only had 5 pays in all and none were the sum of the amount I was out in the ATO Verification Report but it is what it is - and now correct after running the Zero Pay.

Roll on next  year I say - for many reasons.
Stay safe & stay well
Regards
Chris H

wastanya
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Trying to work out why EOY finalisation totals that are to be sent to ATO do not match payroll summary for all our employees.  When I check my gov it has the correct amount as per payroll summary on my own account. So suspect it will for other staff.  How do I get the figures to balance before submitting finalisation EOY to ATO thru MYOB. 

Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Hello @wastanya 

It sounds like what you see in the ATO Portal doesn't match your MYOB reports, is that correct? Per this article by one of our moderators, what you see as your YTD figures from STP in MYOB might not always match up with the totals that the ATO Portal shows. This is because every payroll you have sent for the year is held in the ATO Portal, including any that have been deleted and/or reversed, or amended in any way. For auditing reasons, ATO cannot erase these reports. 

That said, all they will refer to for EOFY is the YTD totals that have been consistently updated through STP. You mention that my.gov showed the correct numbers, and this is one place to check to ensure that all updates have gone through properly with STP. If your YTD Verification Report reconciles with MYOB reports, that is what's important as it's that YTD Verification Report which is reflective of what the ATO will actually look at.

If you are seeing discrepancies elsewhere - with your YTD Verification, Payrol Activity and/or Payroll Register, I urge you to follow the steps outlined in this article to pinpoint and reconcile the imbalance. If you are still experiencing reconciliation issues, we will be happy to investigate further. 

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Chris2905
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Doesn't work

Didn't find your answer here?