Edit super fund USI and ABN

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
GillB
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Edit super fund USI and ABN

I need to change a USI and ABN for a super fund I have already setup as the fund has merged with another super fund.

I go to Lists - Superannuation Funds and click the zoom arrow to open the fund to make the changes but it won't let me edit the information, it is greyed out.

If I create a new super fund I can choose this super fund from the drop down menu and it has the new details in it, but can't save it as I already have a super fund with that name (the one I'm trying to edit details for). 

Help please as I need to process July payroll today.

13 REPLIES 13
Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Re: Edit super fund USI and ABN

Hi @GillB

Thank you for your post. Can I please confirm if this is for a self managed super fund ? If so, self-managed funds can't be edited. Instead, you'll need to create a new self-managed fund with the updated details and assign it to the applicable employees. You'll need to enter a different name in the Name field to the one use previously to be able to save the new fund.

Please do let me know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Mark-Albert
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

I have the same issue. It is not changing a self-managed fund but the USI of an existing APRA super fund.

Are there any clues in making this happen.

Thanks

GillB
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi, I have been told that if the fund is not a SMSF the ATO will update the details and it will flow through to MYOB. 

Mark-Albert
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

Do you know when it will flow through as I just checked and I am still getting an error when I try to record a Super payment.  It is a number of employees all with the same super fund. Message is contact MYOB support . There should be another way to change the USI for a super fund.

GillB
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi,

I just checked and it is still showing old details. Help desk (through Live Chat) said a USI and ABN can't be changed in MYOB, only the ATO can do it, and once they have it will flow through to MYOB.

However, if I create a new super fund and select the same super fund I know needs updating, the new details are there. So now I am not convinced ..... I am not sure what else to do as the help page says "A super fund can only be deleted if it hasn't had a payment made to it'' so I am assuming I can't delete the fund with the old details and create a new fund with the correct details?

Mark-Albert
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi GillB

I apprecaite your reply. I spent 3 hours in the quesue yesterday waiting to talk to MYOB regarding this . I might try again today and see if I can get a soulution.

Hopefully a solution can be found soon.

MBusiness_123
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

I have a similar problem trying to change the super fund USI and ABN. Mine is not a SMSF, but a take over of fund by another fund. I can change the USI, but MYOB will not let me change the ABN. I need to submit payment but cant.

Any advice.

Thanks

Sue

GillB
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Currently on hold with MYOB waiting to speak to a superannuation expert - will let you know the outcome

Mark-Albert
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi GillB ,

that would be very mush appreciated if you could post the outcome !!!

Thanks again

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post