Employee ID Missing

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Tash2019
Experienced Cover User
88 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

88Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Employee ID Missing

Hi there,

We recently created a new MYOB file for a new entity, it is identical to our previous file however we have noticed the new file doesnt have the "Employee ID" field in the employee card files. which is an auto generated ID in our previous file.

Is this a setting that we need to change or is this no longer a feature?

Thank you

Tash

8 REPLIES 8
gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,010 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,010Posts

911Kudos

635Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Employee ID Missing

Hi @Tash2019 

As this field is only used for STP Reporting, it only shows once the file is registered for STP Reporting.

Take care if you are changing the company file mid year. I recommend you Finalise in both the original file for all payrolls to that date, then report and finalise in the new file from that date - do not bring YTD payroll history across.

The reason being the employee id will be different in the new file and you may have a hard time sorting this out if you bring payroll YTD amounts across to the new file.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
Tash2019
Experienced Cover User
88 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

88Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Ah makes perfect sense! thank you

IMP
4 Posts
User
Australia
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have swapt payroll providers mid year and was not aware of the need to finalise the MYOB payroll before leaving. Since the new balances were brought over I need to included the employees ID from MYOB to the new system. Could you please tell me where I can access them on MYOB EDGE.

Thanks

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,010 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,010Posts

911Kudos

635Solutions

Hi @IMP 

What version of AccountEdge were you using?

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
IMP
4 Posts
User
Australia
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

v18

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,010 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,010Posts

911Kudos

635Solutions

Hi @IMP 

If the Employee ID does not appear on the Profile tab of the Employee card, then there are 2 places to find them:

• on the MYOB Payroll Reporting Centre reports
  • by exporting Employee Cards. The Employee ID is the card Record_ID (last column usually). However  AccountEdge added leading zeroes to ensure Employee ID is 5 characters, so a Record_ID of 567 will actually be 00567 on the STP Reports

Not sure of the background here or what you are now using - see my posts here if you can't easily get this sorted. I don't know if AccountEdge will allow you to lodge anything now as other forum posts suggest it has been disabled by MYOB. STP Creator allows you to sort out complicated situations such as yours to clear or replace STP reports lodged by other software.

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Staffing-and/EOFY-Payroll-reports-on-closed-data-file/m-p... 

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
IMP
4 Posts
User
Australia
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Gavin,

The answer given looks like you have shown how to find the Card ID. I am looking for a Employee ID, given, I assume by the ATO. It looks like a hex number - very long. 

The link did not help as the MYOB file is not closed as the client is still running everything except payroll on this file. ( MYOB in this version does not support STP 2.)  

Is there any thing else I can try?

Cheers

Irene

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,010 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,010Posts

911Kudos

635Solutions

Hi @IMP 

Suggest you re-read my original post. While other software such as Xero etc might use a GUID as Employee ID, MYOB in all its variants uses the employee card's Record_ID. I do know the different between a user set Card_ID and a system set Record_ID.

The link provided is an optional alternate method to solve EOY STP reporting issues. Whether the file is still in use or not does not matter.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post