Employee Payment method - Payroll

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ComCons
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Employee Payment method - Payroll

Good Morning, 

Can anyone help?  Last Thursday when we completed the payroll ( Accountright), our Activity summary Report was out to the electronic payment we pick up for the payroll.  Further investigation revealed that two emplayees pays had gone to the payroll clearing account instead of the Electronic clearing account.  When we looked the payroll trasnaction journal it showed  cash payment instead of the EFT.  Both employee cards are showing EFT payment and not cash., and we have not had a problem with these employees before just this payrun. 

Does anyone have any ideas why this may have occured ? and how do we stop it happening again ? 

Thanks is advance 

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Employee Payment method - Payroll

Hi @ComCons 

I'm sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. The employee's Payment method can be changed when processing the pay run in the Pay Employee window. This will only affect the pay run being processed, not the Payment method selected in the employee card. 

From what you've described it sounds like this may have happened in your situation. The other possible cause is the employee cards were changed to Cash then changed back to Electronic after the pay was processed.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post