Employee Self-Onboarding and TFN Declaration

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
chelseabell11
1 Post
User

1Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Employee Self-Onboarding and TFN Declaration

Hey Team,

With the new Employee Self-Onboarding function, does this negate the need to submit a separate TFN declaration to the ATO, as it will be done through the Flare HR software? 

7 REPLIES 7
ntoumba
Experienced Cover User
105 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

105Posts

27Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Employee Self-Onboarding and TFN Declaration

I would also like to know this?

Does it cover a employers obligations in relation to - 

1 - Submitting a TFN Dec to the ATO

2 - Superchoices

Can you include addtional documentation to ensure that staff recieve the required forms like:

- Casual Employement Statement

- FairWork Statement

It would be great if @MYOB  could confirm these details.

ELC-Leo
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

45Posts

75Kudos

0Solutions

I've been trying to find answers to these questions for the last 2 weeks, too. 
This is essential information to have before an organisation adapts its on-boarding processes - we have legal requirments to meet... we need to know exactly how this works.

Modorators keep referring people to the official articles but articles are vague, and don't cover the questions people are actually asking. Please just answer the questions (or even say you don't know or are unwilling to say). 

Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Hi Everyone, 

Thanks for your posts and feedback. Until you're using STP Phase 2 you will need to continue sending TFN declaration's to the ATO for new employees. Once you've on STP Phase 2, a new employees tax details will be sent to the ATO when you declare their first payrun within your file. Information on this is available on our help article Employee Self-onboarding

In regards to Super, employees are prompted to actively choose their super fund before they can submit their details. The superchoice form is included in the super selection tab. 

We do also recommend signing up to the Employee self-onboarding course available on our MYOB Academy website which has more information on this. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

ntoumba
Experienced Cover User
105 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

105Posts

27Kudos

0Solutions

@ELC-Leo  I think the answer to this is ....

NO its not complaint with our obligations as employers. 

It seems that it will only be compliant with the ATO and Super obligations once MYOB are  STP 2 ready which they are not yet and have a defferal or extention for until 2023. 

So I dont think it would be wise to use the Employee Self Onboarding unless you double up and still have them complete the manual forms until MYOB is STP2 complaint. 

Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Hi @ntoumba

Thanks for your post. Your business is automatically compliant with the ATOs YFYS legislation when your new starter fills out the employee self-onboarding form (This is mentioned in the online course). In regards to the TFN declarations these will need to be manually lodged to the ATO until you're on using STP Phase 2. 

Do let us know if you have any further questions. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

ELC-Leo
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

45Posts

75Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks, @Melisa_D , for both those replies. 

They go some way to answering the questions which have been asked above. 

Though you refer to the Employee Self-Onboarding article (which I had read), I can't find any more information there other than what you said, which I already knew. What you said, and what the article says, seem to put the onus on users to be using STP Phase 2, but that clearly begs the questions, "What can users do to be using STP Phase 2? Or if they can't yet use STP Phase 2 because MYOB is not ready, then when will users be able to use STP Phase 2?" 

This would help businesses decide whether it is worth the work of updating their onboarding process now, and then again once STP Phase 2 is available through MYOB, or whether they are better off waiting until they can implement it all at once.

The YFYS information was new to me though, thanks. However, note that the Employee self-onboarding course information says that it is not for me, as a MYOB AccountRight user. The information for AccountRight users directs right back to the Employee Self-onboarding article that I've read at least 8 times now. So, I don't know why you would have expected me to take that course... and perhaps MYOB could consider just adding that "Your business is automatically compliant with the ATOs YFYS legislation when your new starter fills out the employee self-onboarding form" to that article, as well as some FAQs based on these forum discussions. That would be more easily searchable and easier to reference in an organisation's new on-boarding process document. 

The OP also asked: 

"Can you include additional documentation to ensure that staff receive the required forms like:

- Casual Employment Statement

- FairWork Statement"

And I'm subscribed to other threads with questions about the new self on-boarding process, waiting for answers about things we need to know before adopting it. Informative responses to these would be very helpful:

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Getting-started/Limiting-electronic-distribution-of-emplo...

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Staffing-and/Employee-Self-Onbaording-edit-email-message/...

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Staffing-and/Employee-self-onboarding-Print-information-f...

I hope this helps you get a clearer picture of what infortion some users are chasing.
Thanks.

ELC-Leo
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

45Posts

75Kudos

0Solutions

Hi again, @Melisa_D 

We're still trying to iron out (or work around) the kinks and limitations of the new employee self-onboarding process, to make it feasible for us. And despite having been back to the forums, and the help article, and the training module, and testing the on-boarding process myself, I still have a question related to the above queries regarding Super Choice:

I understand from your previous response that using the self on-boarding meets our obligation to offer employees the choice of super funds. However, if the employee wants to choose their own fund, rather than one of the advertised funds, and they scroll past the advertising to click "Choose another fund", they select "My Own Fund", "Default Fund" or "Self Managed Fund" from the drop-down box, and input the requested details, below the input boxes, it then says:

"Superannuation Standard Choice Form

The superannuation standard choice form informs your employer of your choice of fund."

But it does not tell employees whether it is necessary to fill in this form and give it to us.

So, please let us know, for us to accept as our employees' formal choice the details they have input, do they also have to complete the Standard Choice Form?

If so, we will have to email them instructions to do this, as it is not explicit from the MYOB/Flare process. And since employess have just finished filling in their super details above, I anticipate that almost everyone will assume it is not necessary. But since it has been included there, I guess it must still be necessary. An any case, please making it clear to us in documentation, and to employees during the process, whether or not it is necessary. 

Also, to follow up on my previous post, I see there is now a training available for AccountRight. Since I've had to go back into the training a few times looking for details, I do still wish all the info was just laid out in a searchable, linkable text webpage rather than being split between two places, and having to sign-in and go through the course start procedure and navigate all the animated pages and buttons to recheck the info. 

Thanks

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post