Australia
Hackdriver
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Employee basic rate errors in payroll

Hi All, 

I'm looking for some help as it has come to me attention that the payrate in my employee card is not the hourly rate payroll is calculating, i have called myob they have said it is a rounnding issue. However if it was a rounding issue then is would only be out by a few cents either way, but this is not the case it is out a couple of dollars in some cases. If you anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Bec

8 REPLIES
Ultimate User gavin12345
1,853 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

1853Posts

1471Kudos

285Solutions

Re: Employee basic rate errors in payroll

Hi @Hackdriver

Perhaps if you post some information with a detailed example about the issue (what payroll categories are used, what hourly rate is on card, pay frequency on card, individual amounts that make up the gross on the payscreen - or whatever other information demonstrates the problem you are having), a reader might then be able to provide an explanation or provide some guidance.

Regards

Gavin

Contributing Cover User Hackdriver
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Hackdriver
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Gavin12345,

Thanks for the advice i have attached a payroll advice for the begining of December til now it shows the correct pay rate at the top, but in the calculations is where is changing and i don't understand how it can change or be wrong as i'm not changing anything.

Thanks Bec

Ultimate User gavin12345
1,853 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

1853Posts

1471Kudos

285Solutions

Hi @Hackdriver

Open the Base Hourly payroll category and attach a screenshot. Also for 'RIA 2010 Saturday all casual'.

When you processed the payroll, for example the 9 Jan 2018 payment for CardID MLC01 - what are you entering on screen: the 10 for Hours, the $12,21 for rate, or the $122.10 for Gross - please advise. 

Are you using timesheets?

Open the Standard Pay screen for this employee (from the Payroll Details tab) and attach a screen shot for that as well.

Regards

Gavin

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Hackdriver
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Gavin,

When processing payroll use timesheets have attached screen shot of how that is entered as well to see if that helps, as don't enter any hourly rate on timesheets.

Thank you

Bec

timesheet entry.JPG
Base hourly.JPG
Saturday all.JPG
standard.JPG
Ultimate User gavin12345
1,853 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

1853Posts

1471Kudos

285Solutions

Hi @Hackdriver

Thank you for the info provided. I'm stumped! To me everything seems setup ok, perhaps another reader or a moderator can suggest something else. 

FYI the Payroll Advice report shows the current pay rate on the card (not what it was at the time of the pay).  The attached advice shows this as $11.76. Can you confirm that when the 9 Jan 2018 pay was processed the rate on the card was $11.76. When 10 Base Hours were added via timesheet, MYOB used the rate of $12.21 (instead of the $11.76 that was on the card at the time).

Regards

Gavin

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Hackdriver
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Gavin,

Thank you for trying to help me with this really appreciate it, as it has me stumped as well and MYOB support have said it a rounding issue, but it can't be rounding as rounding is usually only a few cents.

The card pay rate on the the 9th January was $11.76 but was calculating at $12.21. The same error is on a number of employees pays, so not sure the next steps to resolve this as MYOB support have already said it rounding error, that needs to be fixed by my accountant?

Thanks Bec

Ultimate User gavin12345
1,853 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

1853Posts

1471Kudos

285Solutions

Hi @Hackdriver

Definitely not a rounding error. If you have the rate set on the Card to $11.76, and your timesheet shows 10 hours for base hourly, then the gross should be $117.60  - not $122.10 - no rounding required.

I take it up until the pay on 19 Dec 2017 the rate on the card was 11.43? as this is the rate used in the earlier pays. 

If you open your file now and commence to process a pay for this employee, does MYOB still use $12.21 as the rate? If yes, I suggest you open your clearwater sample file, change an employee's pay basis to Hourly, set up as you have in your file (weekly with 38 hours per week and no Standard Pay), and see if MYOB does the same thing with the sample file.

Regards

Gavin

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Hackdriver
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions