Employee on 3/4 pay

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Deb5
Experienced User
21 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

21Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Employee on 3/4 pay

Hi all

I have a employee that is now only working 75% of hours, lets say 40 hours per week now they are only working 30 hours per week.  Whats the best way to enter this into MYOB?  Adjust the salary and hours in monthly pay period, then adjust the leave enttitlements to a fixed number accumulated per pay?  I.e from 13.333 for annual to 10 hours per monthly pay?  is there a better way or am I on the right track?

Cheers

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Employee on 3/4 pay

Hi @Deb5 

Thanks for your post.  It sounds like your employee has changed from full-time to part-time so you are on the right track. You will need to update their salary and hours in their card and you'll also need to change their Employment Status from full-time to part-time.

If they are salary based (not hourly) and you have other salary employees you will need to set up separate entitlement categories, for example Annual Leave 30hrs pw, as the fixed amount per period will be different.

These help articles have the steps for changing the employment basis and how to calculate the entitlements for salary employees:

Changing an employee from full-time, part-time or casual 

Leave and entitlements 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post