Employee one off deductions

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MichelleC11
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Employee one off deductions

One of our employees purchased item through our company trade account. He wants to deduct the cost from his pay.

I have seen some forum adviced to create a Deduction linked with Payroll Liability account, select the employee to be deducted. On payroll, entered negative amount to reduce the gross and wont affect the super value. Whilst on Purchase, entered the amount as normal.

However, I couldnt find any forum explaining of which ATO reporting category to put for STP purposes. Any help is appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Employee one off deductions

HI @MichelleC11 

Thanks for your post. This help article, Selling to your employees, has step-by-step instructions on setting up and recording an employee purchase. When it comes to the assigning the ATO reporting category, that's tax advice which we're not allowed to give. You will need to check that with the ATO or your accountant to make sure you meet ATO reporting obligations.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post