Cover User
Australia
dalnala
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Employee swaps Super Fund

I have an employee who changed his super fund about a month ago. I made the appropriate alterations to his card and payroll setup and all seemed in order. However, when I run super reports e.g. Account by Fund Detail all the accruals are shown under the new fund when some should be attributed to the old fund. What , therefore, is the correct procedure to follow to avoid this when an employee swaps funds?

3 REPLIES 3
Partner Julie_A_C
588 Posts
Partner
Australia
Julie_A_C
Partner

3181Posts

817Kudos

494Solutions

Re: Employee swaps Super Fund

Hi @dalnala 

If they swapped funds then all the super unpaid prior to that date should now be paid to the new super fund, so is showing correctly in the system.

If you sent the previously accrued but unpaid funds to his old super fund you would find that the payment would be rejected as he has changed all his super to the new fund and that is where it should all go.

Julie Carter AIPA, BBus(Acctg),
MYOB Professional Partner, Registered BAS Service Provider
Associate Member of Institute of Public Accountants
Member Association of Accounting Technicians
ph: 0417 927 654 email: accuratebooks7@gmail.com
JAC' of All Trades Bookkeeping (Servicing from Leederville to Pinjarra, Fremantle to Armadale WA)
dalnala
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
dalnala
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for your reply Julie. I do not have a problem with the actual payments. the correct amount has been paid to the old fun and the first payment to the new fund will be made following the end of the September quarter.

However there is still a problem with how these transactions are stored in the MYOB system.

The June 2019 quarter contributions were paid in July to the old fund (Fund A). The employee swapped funds during July 2019 starting  new fund (Fund B). Now, if I run the super report "Accrual by Fund Detail" for the current FYTD, the amounts paid to Fund A  in July and those accrued so far for Fund B are all attributed to Fund B, which is not correct. Is there any way around this, other than creating a second employee card as advised for employees with multiple funds? 

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

7093Posts

497Kudos

1123Solutions

@dalnala 

I'm afraid that the 'Accrual by Fund Detail' report can only pick up the super fund currently set in the employee's card. All super amounts related to that card are considered for one super fund. 

A new employee card is the only way to report the totals separately, this online Help article has detailed instructions if you are interested: Employee with multiple super funds.

I hope this helps. 

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post