Employee with an inactive super fund

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
BJ_Werder
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Employee with an inactive super fund

Hello. I have received an email from MYOB stating the following...

ACTION REQUIRED | You have one or more employees with an inactive super fund.

Sunsuper and QSuper have merged to create a new superannuation fund called Australian Retirement Fund.
We have identified that one or more of your employees are affected by this change (as of 14 November 2022). 

• If you haven't updated your employee(s) super fund details then it may cause your superannuation payment batch to fail.
  • Your employee(s) should have been notified of this change by their super fund and can supply you with the relevant fund information.

You’ll need to update their super funds details in their employee card before processing their next super payment.

I know which employee this refers to as I have only added one employee since the last time we paid super, once I have updated his super fund details, does this process the payment he should have received or does it process when the next super payment is done? We use the MYOB Pay Superannuation function to pay our employees super and the status in the Manage Payments section is at "Completed". Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Employee with an inactive super fund

Hi @BJ_Werder 

Thanks for your post. Changing employee super fund details in the employee card>>Superannuation tab will only impact subsequent super payments. Once a Pay super payment is authorised funds are withdrawn from your bank, processed and forwarded to super funds by SuperChoice. When the status is Completed Superchoice have processed the payment and paid to employee super funds.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

BJ_Werder
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey, thank you for your response. If updating the super fund details in the employee card only impacts future super payments, how do they receive the super for the one that was just processed with their incorrect number then? Do I need to contact SuperChoice?

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @BJ_Werder 

If the super fund was unable to process the contributions to the employee's account, the contributions will typically be refunded. You would then reprocess the super payment. To check if contributions have been successfully paid to employee's super accounts you can check with the super fund.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post