End of year STP reporting and closed a payroll year

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
EdwardTian
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

End of year STP reporting and closed a payroll year

Hello,

We started using STP during April 2019. 

The bookkeeper closed the 2019 payroll year on 01/07/2019 without checking STP data. When processing the 2019 EOFY finalisation, we noticed that some terminated employees and payroll categories are missed. 

As the file has been rolled over to a new payroll year, we can't process any pay runs for FY19. But we have a back up file before roll over.

How should we fix the problems? 

5 REPLIES 5
bungy15
Ultimate Cover User
1,055 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,055Posts

335Kudos

195Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: End of year STP reporting and closed a payroll year

Hi @EdwardTian 

You will need to restore a back up to amend data in the previous payroll year - Restore a backup

To report the terminated employees through STP, you will need to delete their termination date from their card, then process $0 pays with the payment date 30 June, to update their YTD amounts.

Check that the missing categories have been assigned the correct ato reporting category.  And any categories that are taxable, check that they have not been ticked exempt from PAYG.  Once you have corrected the categories, you can do $0 pays to update the YTD amounts through STP.

Let me know how you go

Tracey

EdwardTian
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Just want to confirm something before processing restore a backup. 

1. Once we process the $0 pay run in the back up file, should we file it through STP? 

2. Which file should we use to do the EOFY finanlisation, the current file or the updated back up file? 

3. If we use the updated back up file to do the EOFY finanlisation, should we make some changes or updates to the current file?

Thank you. 

RudiHartomo
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Good questions Edward,

I'm also looking for answers for the same questions.

I guess we have to do finalisation on 2 different files...

Then we will have no records that we already finalise the reports for some employees in the current file.

Any advises will be appreciated.

Thank you

Andrew_Y
805 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

805Posts

0Kudos

78Solutions

Hello @EdwardTian , @RudiHartomo 

When Completing A $0 Pay Run in the old backup year the idea is to use this method as a way of pushing through any STP information that would not otherwise have been reported to the ATO (missed information).

The purpose of working with a backup in the previous year is because the tasks you are trying to perform are not possible in the new year.  Once you have made the necessary updates/corrections in the backup you will cease to work in the old backup, and return to the current file to perform anything needed for the new year, working as you usually would.

I would highly recommend you ensure the old backup is named differently so you know which file you are working with, and to backup the current file (to return to) as well before restoring.

Hope that helps, and please feel free to reach out again should you need help with Single Touch Payroll

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

ChrisyJones
Trusted Cover User
28 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

28Posts

10Kudos

2Solutions

Yes thats true Edward but the next time you do wages in the current file it will once again update records with ATO.  Make all changes in Back Up file and resubmit the finalisation for those staff you had to change.

Cheers

Chrisy

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post