4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Entering Superannuation Fund

I have entered employees choice of fund in Lists as expense(2) and top section on his card

The fund does not come up to select in employees files although entered

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,904 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,904Posts

4,404Kudos

4,778Solutions

Re: Entering Superannuation Fund

Hi @moff 

With AccountRight there are superannuation payroll categories and superannuation funds.

• A superannuation payroll category is used on payroll transactions to store what has accrued for superannuation. These are created via Payroll>>Payroll Categories>>Superannuation. An example of a superannuation category is Superannuation Guarantee, which will calculate the 9.5% for employees.

• A superannuation fund is a what you would pay the accrued employees superannuation. These are set up via Lists>>Superannuation fund. An examples of a superannuation fund are CBUS, Q Super, MLC Super funds.

In terms of employee cards, you would go to the Payroll Categories>>Superannuation. The Superannuation fund option (top half of the window) is the fund that you have created to represent that employee's actual superannuation fund in Lists>>Superannuation. In the bottom half is the superannuation payroll categories, this is where you can select the desired payroll category that you will use to calculate the superannuation for their pays i.e. Superannuation Guarantee.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Nagnah
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi. Thank you for your answer

Do I need Employer Membership Number when entering the Fund information?

Thanks in advance

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,904 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,904Posts

4,404Kudos

4,778Solutions

Hi @Nagnah 

Some funds do require an Employer membership number while others don't. Ideally, we do recommend speaking with the required fund to see if an Employer Membership number be required. If the funds don't then you can leave that field blank.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post