Entitlement Balance Report not matching card file

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ljordaan
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Entitlement Balance Report not matching card file

We are using AccountRight 2019.4

I recently noticed that one of our employees AL balance on the Entitlement Balance Summary report does not match the card file. 

As per the Card Information - Entitlements Annual Leave Accrual balance Total is 21.627

As per the Entitlement Report for the same person the Accrual balance is 15.20

On the other hand we looked at the payslips for the individual and it seems also that it varies (up/down) with 5.846 on a Forthnightly basis i.e. one FN for example the YTD is 15.78 and the following forthnight 9.94, the following FN it will go up again and so on. We have asked the individual to also provide us with the payslips he actually received at the time as the ones we have extracted since noticing this is not constant and we want to review what has gone out to see if it is the same.

Can someone please help to resolve this as at this point we are not certain what the Opening balance or YTD value should be nor how to correct this.

We look forward to hearing back from you

2 REPLIES 2
Haydes
MYOB Product Team
6,317 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,317Posts

1,108Kudos

903Solutions

Re: Entitlement Balance Report not matching card file

Hi @ljordaan 

It's been a while since I've looked into this, but from memory we would want to run the Entitlement Balance Detail report as this will check the Balance from the Card against the actual accrual calculated from each pay run.

If there is a difference here it should be a relatively easy fix. Here's a help article that takes you through this process (It is marked for AccountRight Classic but the process is pretty much the same): Resolving a difference in Entitlement Balance reports (Australia only)

This help article could also add more context if it is related to this: Payroll reports not matching pay history (Australia only)

As a small note, has this employee been re-instated at any point? I have a vague memory of leave balances getting "hidden" if they aren't cleared before a termination date is entered and they end up causing confusion when re-instated.

Let us know how this goes!

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Product Team

Currently Working On:
Supplier Feeds | E-invoicing
In Tray
Previously Worked On:
MYOB Capture App | MYOB Invoices app
MYOB Support (2015-2019)

ljordaan
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Entitlement Balance Report not matching card file

Hi Haydes,

Thank you so much for your email.

I will try this out and see how it goes.

The employee has not left the firm and have been reinstated. Things changed since someone in our organisation with a similar surname resigned and from that point I noticed the anomalies.

I will keep you updated

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post