Entitlements Balances

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
DannyTangney
Valued Cover User
320 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

320Posts

76Kudos

17Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Entitlements Balances

As with many others posting, we have identified an issue where the entitlement balances appear to be incorrect. For example, an employee has three different Annual Leave entitlement balances - payslip says 46.45, Employee card say 49.22 and Entitlement Balance Detail report shows 45.07 (the Opening Balance + Hours Accrued - Hours Taken = Available Hours calculates correctly in this report)...

As a result of this error, we are in  breach of the legal requirement to maintain accurate employee records which include leave (https://www.fairwork.gov.au/pay/pay-slips-and-record-keeping/record-keeping).

Could MYOB please advise:

- which of the three figures is correct ;

- what workarounds are available ; and

- when this problem will be fixed permanently.

Be very assured that if we are ever found to be in breach of these legal requirements, we will make every effort to ensure that blame and any consequences are sheeted home to MYOB .

Regards,
Danny

6 REPLIES 6
DannyTangney
Valued Cover User
320 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

320Posts

76Kudos

17Solutions

Re: Entitlements Balances

Still waiting for a reply from MYOB on this...

It would be nice to have this sorted before the end of the financial year.

Regards,
Danny

DannyTangney
Valued Cover User
320 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

320Posts

76Kudos

17Solutions

And another week has gone by without a response from MYOB.

Just because South Africa have choked (again) in the World Cup doesn't mean you have to drop the ball on this :-)

(Not many) Regards,

Danny

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @DannyTangney 

Sorry to see that no-one has offered their assistance in regards to your enquiry

Firstly, does the Payroll Activity Detail report match to the Payroll Register Detail report? If not, it may indicate that manual changes have been made to the pay history of the employee's card, which could have resulted in changes to the entitlement values thus differences between values.

If those reports do match, we would need to see a copy of the Entitlement Balance Detail report for that employee(s) and one of the Entitlement section of the employee's card. With this information, we can review those balances in more detail.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

DannyTangney
Valued Cover User
320 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

320Posts

76Kudos

17Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Steven_M ,

Thanks for your reply, sorry for not responding sooner but I've been wrestling with payroll this week...

The Payroll Activity Detail and Payroll Register Detail reports match up on the Wages hours perfectly, but for all employees that I checked, the Entitlements are miles off, so I'm not sure those numbers are supposed to match...

Using the Employee->Employee Details->Pay_History screen, I found out that for the employees in question, MYOB hadn't record all of the leave accrued and taken in July and August last year...

Based on another forum post, I corrected these omissions and the employee card, Entitlement Balance [Summary] report, Entitlement Detail Report and payslip now all match, so that has solved the immediate problem.

As far as I know, there have been no manual adjustments to any employee card's leave details beyond the corrections mentioned in this post, so I guess that given how long ago it all happened and the lack of any recurrence we'll be unlikely to work out what happened so this case can probably be considered closed...

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards,

Danny

MichelleM2301
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Danny

noticing that you have need to make adjustments to accrued leave, I'm hoping you may be able to answer my question, as 2hrs and 23min on the customer service line today and I've had nothing even close to service.

I'm sure this is probably reasonably simple to someone more familiar with the software so sorry if it seems like a bit of a waste of your time. I just want to know how to increase the accrued leave value for an employee who's file didn't have any entitlements selected when they were setup.

Many thanks, Michelle

DannyTangney
Valued Cover User
320 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

320Posts

76Kudos

17Solutions

Hi @MichelleM2301 

There are a couple of ways to do this, but the way I'm going to suggest mimics the way leave is normally accrued so I feel that there is less risk doing it this way.

Assuming you have calculated what the additional figures should be, I'd run a payroll with everything zero, and manually enter in the additional leave accrual figures (overriding the zero calculated) and process the payroll as normal. As the value of the pay is zero, you can safely send it off to the ATO without causing any dramas, and it won't affect anything else...

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Danny

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post