Entitlements differ on card to summary

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AnaLaranjeira
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Entitlements differ on card to summary

Hello,

I saw a couple of posts regarding this. But still can't understand if I need to send the file to MYOB so it can be fixed.

I never had this issue before. So, also not sure if it started due to the update tho the new version. 

An employee was reemployed in our company, and I just needed to "clean" the entitlement balances, since they were wrong. However, the card shows the correct balance, but it's completely diff from the entitlements summary/detail. I also checked the payroll activity summary and register summary and all matches.

Could you please tell me why this happens, I am pretty sure that the card is showing the correct figures, not sure why the report does not.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ana

Card.jpg
Entitlements Detail.jpg
2 REPLIES 2
Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Entitlements differ on card to summary

Hi @AnaLaranjeira

Thank you for your post, we are aware that when a termination date is entered on an employee card, all the leave entitlements in card pay history is removed (users are prompted with an alert when entering a termination date), but the leave accrual history is still retained in the reports as the pays are still saved in the file.  When an employee is  reinstated the card and the termination date is removed the pay history does not pull up the leave accrual figures back which is why the entitlement balance detail report throws a different balance. 

If this employee has been reinstated in the same payroll year and you would like to continue using the same card please refer to the instructions below on how to fix the entitlement report before the employee's card can be used for future pays:

1. Run the entitlement balance report for the current payroll year for the employee 
  2. Calculate the difference of total hours accrued - total hours taken = xx
  3. Go to the employees card > Payroll details > Pay history tab > Select the Year to Date option from the drop down list 
    image.png
  4. Type the amount xx calculated in step 2, against the leave accrual category accordingly
  5. Click Ok to save

Note; please do take a back up of your file before doing any of these above steps. 

I hope this helps. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

AnaLaranjeira
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Entitlements differ on card to summary

Hi Melisa,

Wow thank you. I called MYOB today and they were trying to help as well, but the end result was to create a new card for the employee, so I did it. They couldn't tell me how could it be done in the same card.

So glad that there is other way of doing it. It was just my bad understanding that in the actual card it remains the data, when we take the termination date. So when I adjusted I just looked what was in the card, and didn't pulled any reports.

Thanks for clarifying it Smiley Happy

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post