Entitlements error

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
VikkiSpicer
2 Posts
User

2Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Entitlements error

Hi when processing my pays today and using the entitements (RDO or Annual leave) it comes up with an error message saying there is a zero balance and it will pt the emoloyee into a negative balance, but in the employees card there is a YTD balance?  I feel like this has happened before and I was told to ignore the message and continue on with the pays.

Anyone else have this issue?

23 REPLIES 23
Hana1
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Entitlements error

ing the same and not sure what to do

Anita_MO
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

I have the same issue. MYOB is using the entitlement balance accrued each pay instead of what has accrued over time. I have written down what the balances should be manually and if it does not add it correctly to the actual accrued amount I will adjust it manually in the employees card in the entitlement balance and log what I did.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi Everyone

We have encountered a number of clients encountering a warning message when processing pays in the new payroll year in relation to leave entitlements.

For more information on this topic we do recommend taking a look at Leave entitlement warning message when processing pays in AccountRight 2020.2

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Anita_MO
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

I just processed the pays ignoring the entitlement errors and then checked the employees balance and the entitlements balance is being calculated correctly. 

KevinSuryawijay
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi There,

I''ve processed my first payroll ignoring all the error message and it had gone successfully with the leave entitlements are showing up correctly, except for entitlements that had no transactions on such as: Time Off In Lieu. This entitlement has not appeared on the payslip which should be carried forward to this year.

Can anyone assist me on this please?

Regards,
KEvin

DotAllen1
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I also ignored the message and processed anyway.  The entitlement balance detail report shows most leave balances are correct, but a few time in lieu have not carried forward on the report - the balances shown on card however are correct.

User25
Experienced User
28 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

28Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

The pays have been recorded but still the Annual leave accrual shows 0 towards carry over balance from last financial year. Upon further checking I could see the option for under entitlements  "Carry Remaining Entitlement Over to Next Year has been disabled. How is this going to get fixed by itself. This has completely screwed us!

Anita_MO
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

Hi 

I didn't set up MYOB for my current employer and it to has: Carry Remaining Entitlement Over to Next Year disabled. 

I then checked Reports>Payroll>Entitlements>Balance Detail and it does carry over the entitlements. If you do need to make an adjustment as I did for an employee who went from full-time to part time there is a balance adjustment spot in the card file for the employee entitlements. Hope that eases your worries.

User25
Experienced User
28 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

28Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

Thank you for your reply. But I am still not able to manually enter the carry over Annual Leave Balance under Balance Adjustment as it isn't allowing me to enter any figures. Neither did I touched anything on MYOB with regards to entitlement. I can confirm on this as under Setup>Preferences>Reports&Forms>Include all YTD amounts and Entitlement Balance on Paycheque is selected. But it is disabled under card files employees Annual leave entitlement. It just happened on it's own. We had payroll yesterday but I couldn't see anything been fixed so far and all employees are writing to me for this sudden disappearance of the Carry over balance from the last year.

Could MYOB take this up seriously and provide me with a permanent fix as this is causing real time trouble.

Thanks

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post