Entitlements error

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Anita_MO
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Entitlements error

Hi!

I can imagine how frustrated you are. As a possible suggestion could you set up a new entitlement category with the correct carry over format and then enter in the balance adjustment with what should be the correct accruals. You would need to unlink the original entitlement categories and if you cannot delete then put zz in front. Hope this may be a helpful idea.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi Everyone 

When processing your first pays in the new payroll year in AccountRight 2020.2 and you are encountering a warning message indicating that it will go into a negative situation, we do recommend checking out Leave entitlement warning message when processing pays in AccountRight 2020.2 for more information.

There was also some enquiries on this thread that talks about an entitlement with hours not appearing in on the payslip. For an entitlement to appear on the payslip, the following conditions do need to be meet for that to occur:

• Setup>>Prefereences>>Reports & Forms >> Include all YTD amounts and Entitlement Balances on Paycheque stubs needs to be enabled
  • The entitlement will need to be used on a payroll transaction in the current payroll year  (this will include if you have entitlement has values used from the previous payroll year).

Commonly it the last one that does trip clients up at this time of year. Should you be that situation and you want the value to appear but the employee is not going to accrue a value in the distant future (Time Off In Lieu is common) you want to process a pay for that employee getting them to accrue 1 hour. Once recording that pay, reverse that pay to reduce that 1. This will added a positive and a negative to the entitlement so it will not impact the available hours but will add in the history for the current payroll year.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

User25
Experienced User
28 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

28Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

I donot completely agree with your provided solution as ours is a different case.

We haven't done any changes to our employees entitlements. The preferences>Reports&Forms>Include all YTD amounts and Entitlement Balances on Paycheque stubs shows enabled but when it comes to the Card files>Payroll details>Entitlements>Annual leave accruals>Carry remaining entitlements to next year is disabled, Since this is disabled I am unable to make any changes under the "Balance Adjustment".

We have processed our first payroll for this financial year last week where I could see Annual leave hours accrued only for this new financial year while the last years Annual leave YTD hours has completely disappeared. I strongly feel this could have happened because card files carry remaining entilements to next year is disabled and have absolutely no idea how this had happened. But this is not the case with other entitlements as they are perfectly fine.

I hope you got me this time what's concerning us. I am thinking of preparing a void pay cheque with ADJ of Annual Leave Accruals hours. I will simply put all the hours carried over from last financial year under annual leave accrual as I reckon this might show up employees total YTD in their next payslip.

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Hi @User25 

With regards to the “Carry remaining entitlements to next year”, if this is disabled you wont be able to change it and instead would need to create a new entitlement category with this option enabled if you do want to carry the balances forward at the end of the payroll year.

If the entitlement amount was missing from a card file, I’d be inclined to do a void pay with the adjustment against the entitlement for the number of hours you want to give the employee. As this is a recorded pay you wont have to worry about editing the figures on the employee’s card, however the only thing to be mindful of is that the amount will appear in the YTD field and not in the carry over or balance adjustment columns.

That said if the entitlement adjustment was recorded on a pay it would carry through to all subsequent payslips for this employee in this payroll year, assuming the Show on Pay Slip option is selected on the entitlement

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

KevinSuryawijay
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

@Steven_M Thank you for advising a solution. I have been thinking to do manual transactions as per your advice as it appears to be programmed this way but was awaiting a solution from MYOB by way of software update. If i can suggest an update be done to eliminate this issue in the next payroll year end.

User25
Experienced User
28 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

28Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Anita

Thank you

Your solution really helped and I wish this could help few others if they are struggling too.

Create a new entitlement category (the one which is having an error) and run a $0 void paycheque. Add(+) to the new category and ( -) in the old category. This means you are transferring all year to date hours from the old entitlement to a new entitlement. Record this and now go to the card files of an employee>payroll categories>entitlements> and diselect the old category and unlink it from the wages category.

You can now manually enter last financial year entitlement balance of an employee into the new entitlement under Balance Adjustment. This balances your employees balance summary which you can verify under Reports>Payroll>Entilements>Balance Summary.

I had to do this for all our staff as the Annual Leave Accruals by default was untick under "Carry Remaining Entitlement Over to Next Year". So remember to tick this while creating a new entitlement as you won't be able to make any changes later on. But you always have an option of creating a new entitlement category.

Helping each other on this forum is far better than calling MYOB help centre which is a complete time waste.

GLAccounts
Experienced User
21 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

21Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Only my sick leave has rolled over, not my annual leave.  I have done two pay runs since the end of financial year.  Can you help?

Anita_MO
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

Hi 

First of all can you check List-Payroll Category List-Entitlements and see if your annual leave accrual Payroll Year End has been ticked. If this has not been ticked the next step is to create a new entitlement category for Annual Leave with the Correct Carry Over details. (I have attached an image). You need to record each employees annual leave entitlement accrual figures somewhere such as on a excel spreadsheet and once you have created the new correct annual leave entitlement enter the carried forward accrual for each employer in their card information in the balance adjustment column. With the incorrect annual leave entitlement set-up I would put a zz in front of it to show it's incorrect as I am sure you can't delete it. 

Hopefully this is helpful. 

Entitlements.PNG
GLAccounts
Experienced User
21 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

21Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Anita,

Thank you for your help with this.  Can you tell me how I would know what their leave entitlements would have been if they were not printed on timesheets?

Anita_MO
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

Hi 

I hope this will show you the figures you need. In MYOB go to Reports/Payroll/Entitlements/Balance Summary/and as per attached put in the date you last had accrued figures. I would suggest to 30.06.2020 it accrued in MYOB. The available hours is the accrued amount you have recorded to date. You the need to manually  calculate the hours recently accrued (I suggest in excel) and add this to what was recorded in MYOB. The final amount is what you put in the balance adjustment in each employees card file.  

Hopefully this makes sense and is helpful.

Entitlements Report.PNG

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post