Error code CMN.ATO.GEN.XML03

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Arul
Experienced User
26 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

26Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Error code CMN.ATO.GEN.XML03

I spent approximately 2 hours for each call, spent more than 6 hours during this week to sort out an error message - STP2.

I think their upgration on STP2 from 22nd March is not working.

Poor resposnse, thinking to move out from MYOB.  

Thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: MYOB Support

Hi @Arul 

Sorry to hear you had that experience. So we can assist with this, can you please confirm the details of the issue you're experiencing with STP2 and also what error you're getting.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Arul
Experienced User
26 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

26Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

I have been contacting MYOB since March 22 but could not get any support from them.  I spent around 2 hours with xxxx xxxx yesterday afternoon but could not get any solution; disconnected the telephone line (after two hours) as usual.  I have been holding telephone line an average of 6 hour per week since 22/3/2022.

There was no problem till updating MYOB's new version on 22/3/2022.  The error message started after updating new version.  The error message is CMN.ATO.GEN.XML03.   

My question is why updated version(s) give error message? 

The second question is, ATO accepts only three employee's data where all other employee's data are accepted with error.  No changes in data base but ATO accepts only three employee's data.

I thoroughly checked all data and compared accepted employee's data with other (with error) employee's record but could not find any issues.

MYOB support team confirmed that “Check your Payroll” function is not Working. To access this report, Payroll Reporting, Check Payroll Details.  This indicating MYOB development team need to correct debug in their program.  

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @Arul 

Regarding your first query relating to error CMN.ATO.GEN.XML03, we have received reports of this happening to other users recently, however, they found fields containing invalid characters that needed to be corrected and were able to resolve the issue. Error text will identify a specific field and item.

If your payroll report has a status of Accepted with errors, this means that the ATO has accepted your payroll information, but there is some information you need to fix before your next pay run. The information you need to fix is listed in the report. Please refer to this help article for more information on this. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Arul
Experienced User
26 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

26Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Komal,

Thanks for reply.

I run many times the report of “Check Payroll Details” as suggested by you and MYOB.  Every time MYOB confirms “Nice One!  Your company information and employee details meet ATO requirements”.  Really, I do not know what I should do beyond this confirmation. Either MYOB report is wrong, or I do not understand this verification. Given below is the image of reprort, run just today few hours ago.

Error-STP2.JPG

Thanks.

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @Arul 

In order to identify which employees are in error, from the Reports tab, click the pay period for the report. The report lists the employees and what information needs to be fixed. This help article details where you need to check the report for errors. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Arul
Experienced User
26 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

26Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Komal,

I do not think anyone understand the gravity of this issue.

I did everything as you have suggested but the results are negative.

Scenario 1:

• Uploaded all employee’s payroll data, ATO accepted all employee’s data with errors.

Scenario 2:

• Uploaded employee’s payroll data with zero (0) pay for those who were (3 employees) joined on or after 1/12/2001
  • ATO accepted all three employee’s data

Scenario 3:

• Uploaded three employees (discussed in Scenario 2 – data accepted by ATO) payroll data with zero pay (0) along with employees who joined on September 21,
  • ATO accepted all four employee’s payroll data with errors.

Scenario 4:

• 23/3/2022 – Weekly payroll data uploaded to ATO and ATO accepted all employee’s data
  • 29/3/2022 – Updated new MYOB version.  ATO accepted all employee’s payroll data with error.

Compared payroll data for those who were accepted by ATO (refer Scenario 2) with all other employees but could not find any significant differences.

While analyzing of all above scenarios, it is clear that

1. ATO accept (or accept with errors) payroll data if all employee’s data are acceptable according to their format. Combination of acceptable and non-acceptable employee’s data will be rejected (or accept with errors) totally, no partial acceptance has been noted.
  2. The problem of non-acceptance (or accepted with error) has started when MYOB new version was updated, no issues were noted prior to the updating on 29/3/22.
  3. When new venison was updated on 29/3/22, system generated new Employee ID for all employees.  Users are allowed to allocate a Card ID but not Employee ID.  ATO accepted all data those who are numbered from 100 but rejected (or accepted with errors) those are numbered from 0001 to 0099.

When MYOB is not able to come out with amenable solution, it is better to take up this with ATO and resolve before year end.

Thanks.

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @Arul 

Based on the screenshots you've provided, we need further information, can you please go to Payroll Reporting>>Payroll Reporting Centre>>STP Reports and attach a screenshot of that window. This would help us identify which phase you're on and can then advise from there. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Arul
Experienced User
26 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

26Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

Two files; one current status with erros and the second one prior to updation of new version are attached.

Thanks.

MYOB-1.JPG
MYOB-2.JPG
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Arul 

From your screenshots, it appears that you are still reporting under STP Phase 1. If you have moved to STP Phase 2 you will  have a Send update event button in the STP reports tab as shown in the screenshot attached:

stp2.JPG

If you don't have that button, you will need to update to start reporting under STP phase 2. 

For your second issue of reports showing as Accepted with Errors, you will need to click on the ellipsis for a report that is accepted with errors and send a screenshot of the error report:

accepted with errors.JPG

Please also note that changes could have been made to the employee card after the first report was sent successfully, thereby causing errors now but the real cause can only be identified once we have the detailed screenshot of the error report. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post