Error message "one or more deduction, superannuation or expense have exceeded their limits".

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Petes_Parts007
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Error message "one or more deduction, superannuation or expense have exceeded their limits".

In setting up salary sacrifice I have two employees with the same set up and one calculates properly, and one does not.  When I manually enter the amount of salary sacrifice into the liability account in the payrun I get the error message "one or more deduction, superannuation or expense have exceeded their limits". 

I can override this but I would like to know -  What can I do to correct it so that the salary sacrifice deduction is calculated without me having to manually add it in to the payroll every time?

1 REPLY 1
Jesh_D
1,447 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,447Posts

0Kudos

133Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Error message "one or more deduction, superannuation or expense have exceeded their limits".

Hi @Petes_Parts007 

What you will need to do is locate the superannuation, deduction or expense account that has exceeded the pre-set limit in the employees’ pay. Once you have identified which category is producing the error, then you would need to either increase or remove the limit on that category. Once the limit has been extended or removed then it should allow the pay to be processed successfully. Here are two Help Articles to guide you: Payroll categories and Checking and adjusting superannuation.

Please let me and the Community Forum know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post