Error message when processing payroll - ETP code required though employee is not teminating

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
kathyb1
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Error message when processing payroll - ETP code required though employee is not teminating

I'm getting a message that reads " Looks like you've added an ETP for this employee. You'll need to select an ETP code befor you can process this pay". The employee is not terminating. I've checked and rechecked multiple times to ensure that I haven't checked terminating in the wages categories and I'm only adding ordinary hours in payroll. I read an earlier post about this subject but there wasn't anything about how it was resolved. 

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Error message when processing payroll - ETP code required though employee is not teminating

Hi @kathyb1 

The particular message you are experiencing is generally caused by the ATO Payroll Category set on a particular payroll category to be an ETP based category. 

If you are receiving this message, I would recommend noting down each payroll category listed in that Pay Employee window for that payroll. You would then want to go to Payroll>>Payroll categories and go through those payroll categories and review the ATO Reporting Category. You want to ensure that ETP - Taxable Component, ETP - Tax Free Component or ETP - Tax Withholding is not selected for any of those categories. If one or more of those categories does have an ETP based ATO Reporting Category the system thinks it is an ETP thus will prompt for the message.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

kathyb1
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Error message when processing payroll - ETP code required though employee is not teminating

Thank you Steven, this solved my problem. I hadn't realised I had to go into each category. I do think there may have been a glitch in the programme though, as this problem only occured after I updated as I hadn't  gone into change any categories at all. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post