MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Error message whilst processing payroll

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User Ianmc12
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Ianmc12
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Error message whilst processing payroll

I have attached acopy of a question/warning I was prersented with when I process payroll.

I have just processed payroll using Account Right 2016 for the second time since upgrading to Account right from Premier 19. I received a Question/warning the first payroll I did however I checked everything and couldn't find anything wrong, same thing happened this week when I processed payroll warning/question does not occur on every employee. Can anyone let me know what may be wrong? The upgrade process imported all my MYOB data.

Question: "One or more deduction, superannuation or expenses amounts have exceeeded their limits. Click OK to save the changes or cancel to review the amounts"

I just click OK and payroll processes normally however I am guessing there must be something wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
10,822 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

10822Posts

1217Kudos

1532Solutions

Re: Error message whilst processing payroll

Hi @Ianmc12

What that message means is that one of those payroll categories has gone past the monthly limit that has been specified. It’s just a warning message to alert you to the limit being exceeded, and not necessarily something wrong per se.

As Deduction, Superannuation and Expense wage categories can have limits imposed on them, to stop that message coming up you would have to go through and check each of the aforementioned wage categories and either remove or adjust the limit.

You can check each of the payroll categories by going into Payroll >> Payroll Categories. You will want to go through all of the different Deduction, Superannuation and Expense payroll categories to check and adjust the limits as appropriate

Please let us know how you get on with this,

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User Ianmc12
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Ianmc12
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Neil I have done as you have suggested and as I have no Deductions or expenses with limits set it appears to be a problem with the Super. The limit is set at 9.5% however I realised that on a number of the employees MYOb has rounded the super payment up by .02 of a cent which then exceeds the 9.5% limit. I have double cheked this by manually changing the super amount to round down and the question/warning does not appear. I guess the easy way is to ignore the warning ? or is there a way to stop MYOb rounding up over the 9.5% limit?

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
10,822 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

10822Posts

1217Kudos

1532Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

HI @Ianmc12

There is very little that can be done about the rounding inside the program, as it is just how the program is designed to round. If you didn’t want the message to come up, then you would either have to remove the limit on the superannuation guarantee or set it slightly higher.

Removing the limit on the superannuation guarantee doesn’t mean that AccountRight would go crazy and end up with a ridiculous amount of superannuation for that employee for the month, assuming you have the calculation basis set correctly to 9.5%.

If you wanted to keep the limit but set it slightly higher, so say 9.75% for example then each pay would be able to be recorded without running the risk of getting that warning message. If you had a limit set then there would always be the chance that you would get the warning, for example if you were doing a void pay to adjust a superannuation figure then you would likely get the message depending on the nature of the adjustment.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post