Error when entering Time Sheets

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
traceym1975
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Error when entering Time Sheets

Good morning,

This morning i went to enter one of my employees time sheet and i received this error.

MYOB was working perfectly fine on Friday afternoon, how can this error occur so suddenly?

I believe this has happened once before, and a MYOB representative had to put a fix on our MYOB.

Can someone please help me with this?

Kind Regards,

Tracey

Error with entering Timesheet.png

7 REPLIES 7
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Error when entering Time Sheets

Hi @traceym1975 

Based on that message, it looks like the employee that has been selected doesn't have any hourly wage categories associated with their card. 

If you are encountering that message, I would first recommend ensuring that you have selected the appropriate employee card i.e. you haven't selected a salaried employee by mistake. In addition to that go to the Card List and ensure that you don't have two employee records with the same or similar names.

After checking that information, go to the Payroll Detials>>Wages section of the employee's card and ensure that you do have an hourly wages category such as Base Hourly ticked for that employee. Once you have an hourly wage category assigned to that employe you should be able to select them in the Enter Timesheet window without that message occurring.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

traceym1975
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

Thank you for responding.

I probably should have mentioned that this employee has been with us for quite a few months now and nothing has changed in his employment status or his card file.

I processed payroll on Friday of last week with everything working ok, and now it won't let me enter his timesheet or access his card file (I get an error to say MYOB has to close due to an error).

Would you have any other suggestions?

Kind regards,

Tracey

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @traceym1975 

I've arranged for a script to be run over the company file based on the mention that you have been unable to open an employee's card. Do let us know how you get on now and if you require further assistance.

Just on a side note, the error of not being able to open a particular employee's card has been linked to the Add Payroll Category button in the Pay Employee window and in particular, the Save changes for future pay runs option. My recommendation to limit this message from occurring is to:

• Ensure that you have the latest payroll categories linked to the employees prior to the processing the pays
  • If you do need to add a category to an employee mid-pay run, add that category but ensure Save changes for future pay runs is unticked. Once that pay has been added, go into that employee's card to add that payroll category.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

traceym1975
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Steven,

You are absolutely right - i added a payroll category to our employee whilst i was processing payroll.

Noted for next time.

Is there any information you require to run the script on our company file?

Kind Regards,

Tracey

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @traceym1975 

In theory, we do require the following information:

Where the company file is stored i.e. online or local
What the LAST FOUR DIGITS of the serial number is - Setup>>Company Information
What is the company file ID - Help>>About AccountRight

However, I've found an account for yourself and have already run that script for you. Can you give it a try now? If you are still encountering that error getting that above information would be ideal.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @traceym1975 

I see you have sent me a private message on this Forum confirming that information. I've arranged for the scripts to be run over that company file for you. Do ensure that you close down and reopen the company file.

Let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

traceym1975
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions