17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

Exporting Payroll data to MYOB

WE use Easy Employer to schedule all of our staff and then export the data into MYOB AccountRight to generate the payroll. We are experiencing more and more problems with this despite Easy Employer being "fully compatible" with MYOB.

The most recent problem is that the data export to MYOB just runs for hours and does nothing, more frustrating is the fact that both sides just blame each other for any problems which doesn't help us pay our staff! Does anyone else have a similar problem?

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator
34,611 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,611Posts

4,656Kudos

5,056Solutions

Re: Exporting Payroll data to MYOB

Hi @Sgt73rdregt 

AccountRight has two methods of importing data into a company file; through import files (text files) or via the MYOB API.

From an MYOB support point of view, we do support the importation of files using the Import/Export Assistant (File>>Import/Export Assistant). So if you are using that method, getting a copy of the import file error log that is generated, should be a link on the last step of that Assistant, would be required to assist further.

If you are using the MYOB API to integrate your third-party system through that import process, we are very limited to the support that we can provide the end-user. This is due to the fact that each third-party product has its own setup, integration and coding that goes in behind it. If you are using this method and are finding that information is not importing correctly/as you intended then we do recommend contacting that third party developer to investigate the sending of that data. Should that developer need assistance we do have support channels for them available through our Developer Centre.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

Speaking to Easy Employer this is a problem that they identified in detail to MYOB over 12 months ago but MYOB has no sense of urgency to fix the problems, apparently it takes a month for them to even answer an email.

This is just unacceptable!!

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
34,611 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,611Posts

4,656Kudos

5,056Solutions

Hi @Sgt73rdregt 

Sorry to hear that this the case, I personally don't deal with the API, however, I have shared your comments with the team.

From a user-end point of view, if the information hasn't come through as intended, deleting the transaction or record prior to re-entering OR editing the transaction where appropriate would be the recommendation.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post