Extra Payroll Run

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
maz1
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Extra Payroll Run

2 questions but firstly a bit of back story....

Ex employee is owed LSL and an agreement has been made to pay a certain amount monthly until paid out.  2 payments have already been paid direct to ex employee (this financial year only), not through payroll.  I come on board and now I need to process those 2 payments in payroll and continue in future.

question 1:  Can I change this 1 employee to monthly pay runs whilst retaining fortnightly for existing staff and process his seperately on specified date each month?

question 2: When entering historic payments and processing via STP, will this affect existing pay runs lodged in STP?

Thanks, Marian

2 REPLIES 2
BASnBusiness
Partner
36 Posts
Partner
Australia

36Posts

32Kudos

4Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Extra Payroll Run

Question 1 - Yes, you can have employees with differing pay frequencies, as in some weekly, some fortnightly and some monthly. You need to set that up on each employees card. Then, when you select Process Payroll, the first field on the first screen allows you to select which payment cycle you will process, so for this employee, assuming he/she is the only one paid monthly, selecting monthly would limit the pay process to him/her.

Question 2 - Running the necessary back pays for this employee will generate STP reports for those payments only. Therefore your existing reports will remain intact and these new ones will be added. For each pay cycle, the reports simply update totals paid/withheld etc to date for the employees selected in each specific payrun, so no other employees' reports will be impacted when you complete these separate payruns.

maz1
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Extra Payroll Run

thanks for that.  It's what I thought but good to have it verified.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post