First pay runs of 2019FY using 2018 tax tables

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

First pay runs of 2019FY using 2018 tax tables

Hi MYOB Community,

I just started a new position and doing a thorough check of the updates in MYOB I realised that the tax tables were not loaded for this new FY. If I go to Set Up - General Payroll Information - the tax table revision date is 01/07/2017.

Does anyone can provide some advice on how to "solve" this? Should I just update the tax tables, do a reconciliation of the amounts that have been already withheld vs the amounts that should have been withheld and transfer the difference to ATO?

I would appreciate any advice/guidance on this.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Experienced User
35 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

35Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Re: First pay runs of 2019FY using 2018 tax tables

Hi Astrid

To stay current with the Tax Tables for the new payroll year the subscription should probably be updated first

then load your tax tables and they will then show as current.

Once a payroll has been balanced and all the PAYG summaries are completed it should be saved and backed up,

both to your computer and a USB and if you are running cloud back it up there as well.

Prior to rolling over to the current payroll year which should have already been done and dusted by 14th August 2018.

Hope this helps

Veeva53

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
1,055 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,055Posts

771Kudos

193Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: First pay runs of 2019FY using 2018 tax tables

Hi @AusFit

I would load the current years tax tables so going forward it is correct. There probbaly isn't much difference between the two tables for this year. However do a reconcilaition, and depending on the amount, decide what to do.

If you do remit any shortfall to the ATO, you need to process a payrun and effectively increase the Tax and reduce the net pay. You could do this in the next pay run, by simply adding the additional tax to the calculated figure.

Regards
Ian Chait CA
Certified Consultant Melbourne
P/M 0417 479 585
Email ian@myfc.com.au

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts