Fixing Annual Leave accrual balances

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LucyAB
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

19Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Fixing Annual Leave accrual balances

I have an employee with 2 x annual leave categories as they changed from part time to permanent during the year.  One is in negative accrual (-1.86) and the other has 34.03 hours accrued.  In effect, they are owed 32.17 hours leave.  

How do I combine the totals, so that only current hours accrued are showing in the balance summary?

That is, I want the leave balance to show 32.17 hours only (and not have the negative amount showing).

I tried to fix by processing an individual pay, however I did it incorrectly and have made a mess of it as it added a further 32.17 hours to the balance of one and kept the negative amount showing!

Can you please help?

4 REPLIES 4
Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Fixing Annual Leave accrual balances

Hi @LucyAB

Thank you for your post. Generally speaking to fix this you would adjust the leave balances via void (zero dollar) payrun. In the relevant accrual fields enter you will need to enter the adjustment leave hours in the hours column. E.g. for the accrual category that is in negative and you wish to have it as 0.00 you will need to 1.86 in the hours column. 

Our article Adjusting leave entitlements has instructed steps on how to process this in your file. Note: please take a back up before making any changes. 

Please do let me know if you have any further questions. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

LucyAB
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

19Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for the reply but I cant find the article you refer to.  Where is it located on the forum?

I have tried different titles and looked in the forum and blog.  Not sure where to find it.  Can you please direct me.

thanks

LB

Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Hi @LucyAB

Apologies it did not attach to my post, help article Adjusting leave entitlements has the instructions. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

LucyAB
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

19Posts