38 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

38Posts

12Kudos

1Solutions

Fulltime Employee to Casual Employee STP not Submitting YTD Leave for STP

We have a client that has an employee that was fulltime to mid December 2019.  They were terminated and paid out their outstanding accrued leave entitlements.  They came back in February 2020 and did a few casual shifts.  When we have looked at the STP YTD Verification report it has not included any of the paid out entitlements or any of the paid leave categories when she was fulltime.  We have run a zero pay to see if this would correct it but the Verification report did not change. Any idea???

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
2,877 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,877Posts

474Kudos

438Solutions

Re: Fulltime Employee to Casual Employee STP not Submitting YTD Leave for STP

Hi @TraceyShenton 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delay in replying. STP reports, including the YTD verification, filter data using the ATO Reporting Categories that have been assigned to the payroll categories. I would check that the categories missing from the YTD verification report have been assigned the correct ATO reporting categories.

Another thing to check is if payroll categories have been ticked Exempt from PAYG they won't be included in the STP reports. 

If you find payroll categories that have been set up incorrectly, you can fix the set up and then process a $0 pay to update the ATO reporting category.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Partner
38 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

38Posts

12Kudos

1Solutions

@Tracey_H 

Thanks for the reply.  The catergoies are all correct.  It is the annual leave sick leave public holidays etc that are not showing in her gross payments.  It is showing for every other staff member.  She was changed to casual in February after ending her employment in December.  

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
2,877 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,877Posts

474Kudos

438Solutions

Hi @TraceyShenton 

Run the Payroll Activity report and Payroll Register report, they should be the same. The Activity report gets it's data from recorded payruns, the Register gets it's data from the Pay History tab in the employee card. If they are not the same it means that a change has been made to the employee Pay History. The STP report also gets it's figures from the Pay History tab, so if a change has been made to Pay History the STP reports won't be correct.

From what you are describing is sounds like those categories may have been zeroed out in the Pay History so the STP report is now pulling through $0 YTD. If this is the case you would need to reenter the correct values in Pay History and then process a $0 pay to update the YTD amounts.

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced Partner
38 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

38Posts

12Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks @Tracey_H That worked.  So if we have an ex-employee come back as a causal will this happen again?

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
2,877 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,877Posts

474Kudos

438Solutions

Hi @TraceyShenton 

Generally the only time you would make any changes directly to the Pay History in an employee card is if you start using the software during the financial year and need to enter opening YTD balances. Otherwise you should never make any changes in the Pay History tab, all changes do need to be made through Process Payroll. So if you reinstate an employee this won't happen unless changes have been made directly to the Pay History.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post