GrossAmount Error: The derived aggregated gross YTD amount must not be a negative amount (ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000389)

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
NatNat777
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

GrossAmount Error: The derived aggregated gross YTD amount must not be a negative amount (ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000389)

The following error has appeared in our first payroll since updated to STP 2.

Error
 - GrossAmount Error: The derived aggregated gross YTD amount must not be a negative amount (ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000389)

It has appeared for 3 employees all who have salary sacrifice, they do not sacrifice their full salary so they still have a gross amount.  I have pushed through the STP report anyway to see what happens.

But I would like MYOBD to advise on this ASAP and how to fix it.

52 REPLIES 52
DAH57
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

19Kudos

1Solutions

Re: GrossAmount Error: The derived aggregated gross YTD amount must not be a negative amount (ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000389)

I am also having the same issue, i have staff waiting to be paid today

but do not want to risk lodging the pay and having it rejected !!

Sleeper1
Experienced Cover User
44 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

44Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Re: ATO Error cmn.ato.payevntemp.000389

Hi,

I have recieved this same message in the New finacial year run IE 1st July 2022.

I have 2 people who salary sacrifice an amount and both these names have the above errror message.

I tried entering as a positive amount, but then it increased the net pay so that didn't work.

My salary sacrifice is set up as Salary Sacrifice and RESC. 

What should I do?

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: GrossAmount Error: The derived aggregated gross YTD amount must not be a negative amount (ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000389)

Hi @NatNat777 and @DAH57 

Our developers are investigating this error. In the meantime, reversing the salary sacrifice payrun and reprocessing in the AccountRight browser is resolving this error.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Sleeper1
Experienced Cover User
44 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

44Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Sorry, Not quite sure what you mean. I didn't go ahead and send to the ATO. What do you mean when you say reprocessing in the Browser? I have 2 employees with this error message who get salary sacrifice.

Sleeper1
Experienced Cover User
44 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

44Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Just re did the pays and the same error message has come up.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Sleeper1 

Open AccountRight in a browser by clicking on Open in web browser from the desktop Command Centre. Then process the salary sacrifice payrun from the browser version and send the report. The report should be accepted without any errors.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

AFU2
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

I have the same issue hopefully someone can help us soon pleaseeeee

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @AFU2 

As mentioned previously, processing salary sacrifice payruns in the AccountRight browser version is resolving this error for users.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

DAH57
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

19Kudos

1Solutions

I do not like using the browser version and pay $160 per month to use the desktoop version, i would appreciate MYOB solving the problem ASAP

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post