GrossAmount Error: The derived aggregated gross YTD amount must not be a negative amount (ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000389)

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
DAH57
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

19Kudos

1Solutions

Re: ATO Error cmn.ato.payevntemp.000389

i had the same issue, i ended up just lodging as normal and when i went in to check the ATO had accepted my pay run

GoldCoastLegacy
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: GrossAmount Error: The derived aggregated gross YTD amount must not be a negative amount (ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000389)

That worked, thank you

Greenhills
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: GrossAmount Error: The derived aggregated gross YTD amount must not be a negative amount (ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000389)

Web version would not let me process the pay - "Unable to add jobs because total allocated is more than pay item".

The employee salary sacrifices 100% to super. I assume MYOB Web version cannot handle 100% SS+10% SGC but desktop version can. 

I did as @DAH57 said, processed the pays in desktop version and sent it to ATO anyway and was accepted. Thanks @DAH57

John
Lisl
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Do i need to redo the whole pay run or can i just save it in the desktop version and run it on browser? Because I've tried to just save it and run online and it still fails! I have 120 employees that I can't redo their data and start from scratch - how do we fix this error without having to redo the payroll run information?

Gail_C4L
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Info for your Detectives who are working on this - only 4/8 of my FBT exempt salary sacrifice employees got this error.

I sent the rest of the employees through desktop as per normal and the 4 that errored via web browser which worked to send to ATO but wouldn't email payslips.

I also don't like the web browser version. I feel it is an inferior product for the end user, just ugly and doesn't have all the same information and basic features in payroll like being able to enter leave dates.

Hope this is helpful information.

Polly_Templeton
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

I do not like how MYOB are surreptitiously forcing us to go to the Web Browser. They have just started doing this with the Payroll Reporting Centre. So are you saying that the pay run on the desktop should be deleted and then started again on the Browser version?  I thought everything was in both.  

Mark_M_B
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

I have also just ignored the error message and recorded the payroll -- now sending to the ATO, but I assume it will be accepted as yours was.

Interestingly, the message appeared for all employees whose pay included Gross Payments (and Other Paid Leave in some cases) and a salary sacrifice deduction (either RESC or other benefits), but did not appear for an employee who has a salary sacrifice benefit but whose only income this fortnight was Paid Parental Leave. This may help the developers sort this out.

Mark

Polly_Templeton
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

Where is the Electronic Payments Register report in the MYOB browser version?  After STP Phase 2 lodgement to ATO rejected in the desktop, I had to delete the pay run and re-create in the browser version.  Lots of features in the pays seem to be missing such as putting in dates of leave.  However this time it lodged although I wasn't confident of the totals until I had checked against what I had originally printed off from the desktop pay run.

But then I wasn't able to locate the electronic payments registerr report to show what had actually been paid in the browser version.  Please can you advise where this is.

Many thanks

Polly

Newbie4846
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I had the same error I just went past the error and processed in accountright online the usual way, when I checked the reporting it says accepted. 

RP1
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

same issue - on the phone to MYOB - they are useless!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post