GrossAmount Error: The derived aggregated gross YTD amount must not be a negative amount (ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000389)

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
joannaharitos
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: GrossAmount Error: The derived aggregated gross YTD amount must not be a negative amount (ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000389)

Hi

I have the same issue with my 1st pay run for July. I tried processing from the web browser, I still got the same error message. I need to process the pay today, so how can I do this, given the issue was raised last week and still not fixed.

Lisl
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: GrossAmount Error: The derived aggregated gross YTD amount must not be a negative amount (ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000389)

I ended up breaking my payroll into batches to determine which were the problem - ones without any leave/allowances first to make sure it ran without error. Then I processed ones with leave which showed that Compassionate Leave was not a leave type that the web browser could process and it ended up changing my pay amount by deleting that leave and only paying the base salary - leaving my staff member short paid! Had to reverse and reprocess. Lastly I did staff that had salary sacrifices and it processed without issue. Having said that : Word of Warning - if it says Network Request Timeout DO NOT RECORD THE PAYRUN. Check on your desktop first as it may actually have been recorded and just not processed as such on the web browser. I pressed Record again after it "Failed" and it ended up duplicating the payroll run! Had to manually reverse all duplicates - nightmare!! 

Bombergirl2000
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

I have had this same error this morning.

Have not tried it in the browser, just took out the salary sacrifice amount and the ATO accepted.

I find it strange though as we have two other employees who salary sacrifice also, and there was no error for them.

Will we be notified when this issue is fixed?

RP1
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Bombergirl

I actually processed all my pays normally, except the salary sacrifice employee.

I processed his through the web browser and it was accepted.  It places it in a deduction category.  Clearly, this feature needs to be added to the Desktop version, and is a failing of MYOB to not fix this.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi everyone

This post on the Community Forum homepage, ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000389 , has information regarding this error. For updates please subscribe to that post.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Miriam1
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

I have just submitted in the browser and the payroll item has been rejected by the ATO.  Please advise.

Thanks!

ALConstruct
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Agree

ALConstruct
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

We process 14 employees at once, 1 has salary sacrifice and recieved this error message. Do I need to reverse the payrun or can i just delete it? do I need to do it for all employees processed or just the 1 with salary sacrifice?

Bostons-rule
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Had same problem today, was on hold for nearly an hour had to hang up with no help.

Two or my employees salary sacrifice and this is the same error I got, could not submit.

I find it ridiculous that I could not get help from MYOB that I had to search for assistance online.

It appears that MYOB has a temporary work around, which is at least something.  Hopefully we don't have to wait to long for this to be sorted.

I must say that I am finding this change over to STP 2 very uncertain, lots of information which becomes confusing, not very clear as to which categories to select all very up in the air with no real direction on what is right.  

NatNat777
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Hi everyone,

I'm the original poster and I am just now reading all the replies.  I only work for this organisation a couple days a week so have only just now seen the repsonses.

I gave up waiting for a reply on the day and just pushed through the STP I've just loged on to the payroll reporting today and it has accepted it.

I do agree with posters above, I don't like how we are being pushed to use the web version, even for the reporting centre and finalisation.  We pay a lot of money to use the desktop we should have full functionality.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post