GrossAmount Error: The derived aggregated gross YTD amount must not be a negative amount (ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000389)

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Miriam1
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: GrossAmount Error: The derived aggregated gross YTD amount must not be a negative amount (ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000389)

Hi

I have just processed my 3rd payroll for the 2023 payroll year.  I have one employee that salary sacrifices 100% of salary.  I have been submitting this person's payroll separately and it has been rejected all 3 times. What should I do?  

Thanks!

Mark_M_B
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Re: GrossAmount Error: The derived aggregated gross YTD amount must not be a negative amount (ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000389)

I have also now processed my third payroll for the year. I have ignored the error message each time, pressed record and the ATO has accepted each of my payrolls.

However, on reviewing the STP Payrun Summary Report reports of the accepted payruns, it appears that:

- the salary sacrifice amounts for each payrun are shown as positive amounts, as they always have been since our conversion to STP Phase 2 in May 2022, and

- the YTD salary sacrifice amounts are shown in brackets (i.e. as negative amounts), but this is also as they always have been since our conversion to STP Phase 2 in May 2022.

I'm sure the tech people at MYOB are already aware of this, but wondered whether people using the web version to push through payroll reports have different outcomes (positive amounts for both current payroll and YTD, perhaps), or whether the outcome is the same (positive amounts for current payroll and negative for YTD) and they just don't receive the error message we get using the desktop version.

SallyCampbell
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I have just done my first payroll for January 2023 and have also received this message.

So 2 questions to MYOB:

-This glitch has been reported months ago, when will it be fixed?

-How do I access the report showing what the ATO is receiving?

I have also pushed this through and go the message, 'accepted with errors', not sure if there is anyone I can contact on 3 January. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post