GrossAmount Error: The derived aggregated gross YTD amount must not be a negative amount (ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000389)

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
CassCoy
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: GrossAmount Error: The derived aggregated gross YTD amount must not be a negative amount (ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000389)

Agree. I dont like the browser version. MYOB you charge us $160 a month, please resolve URGENTLY or discount our fee! 

SakunnaK
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: GrossAmount Error: The derived aggregated gross YTD amount must not be a negative amount (ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000389)

I have the same error today, had to redo all the pays in the browser and MYOB sent the report through ATO twice for the same payrun, now everything is double up. 

MYOB generated 2 payslips for each employee, but the YTD did not change on the second payslip, however the YTD on STP report was doubled up.  Going through all reports again to make sure everything is correct.

This is an unneccessary extra task to be doing during the busiest time of year. 

Not a good start to new financial year. Not looking forward to more problems.  Please fix soon  

Lisl
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

My payrun doubled up too! So frustrating and monumental waste of time having to reverse inidividual pays. I'm a day behind in Year End tasks because of this occupying my whole day. Definitely not happy.

Miriam1
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

CAN MYOB PLEASE CONFIRM:

If a report is rejected there is no action necessary, as if the same payees are paid in the next pay run, the report to the ATO will then be corrected in the next pay run (assuming MYOB has fixed the problem by then)?

Thanks!

JenPerram
Super Partner
460 Posts
Super Partner
Super Partner

460Posts

89Kudos

94Solutions

Hi Tracey H

Thanks for the solution that you have provided but when will a solution be available within AccountRight and not the browser.  I have clients that do not like the browser experience and it would appear that you cannot add payroll categories to a payrun like you can in AccountRight at the time of processing a pay which means you need to be extremely organised when using the browser (apologies if you can do this but I cannot see how).  

Jenny Perram
Bookkeeping Express Management
Mobile: 0408 25 1234
Registered BAS Agent
MYOB Certified Consultant
LozzaGray
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

So if they payrun was accepted with by the ATO do we still need to do this adjustment or can we wait till MYOB have fixed the issue. Will the fix only apply once done to futre payments and all payroll payments need to have the adjustment pay run each time? My payment run with the errors was accepted by the ATO?

Mark_M_B
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Good morning to all

It seems to me that there are a few points to note here:

1. It is the MYOB Desktop app that is telling us that an amount it calculates is negative and will not be accepted by the ATO.

2. There is actually no way a correctly calculated GrossWages amount could have been negative for any of the people on the payrolls I have prepared this FY, which were unchanged from those I prepared and lodged under STP Phase 2 in June.

3. Some of us (including me) have ignored the purported error reported by the MYOB Desktop app. We have gone ahead and recorded the payroll (without changing it to remove the employees for whom errors are reported), clicked send and signed and sent the payroll to the ATO and the ATO has accepted the payroll without errors, as it did in June. Further, I have checked the 2022/23 Summary Reports for a sample of employees on the Single Touch Payroll/EOFY finalisation tab of the web version of MYOB and found no differences from the amounts I expected after the first 2022/23 payroll.

4. At another place, we followed the recommendation referenced in Tracey_H's 05-07-2022 01:04 PM post above: after recording the payroll (again without changing it to remove the employees for whom errors are reported) without pressing 'Send' to declare it to the ATO, the MYOB desktop app spent an age 'Sending' an unsigned payroll to the ATO, eventually resulting in a a file 'Not Sent'. We were then able to continue as recommended, i.e. clicking 'Send to ATO', entering the authoriser's name and sending the file, which was then accepted by the ATO within the usual timeframe.

5. The reported error may be doing nothing more than scaring us as users, but until MYOB has corrected the issue, we can't be sure.

6. There seems to be a clear expectation from MYOB that users will move away from the desktop app in future. That might actually happen but, based on what I have seen of it so far, I would be extremely surprised if users don't look long and hard at alternatives before they settle for the web version of MYOB.

Mark

tns05
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

I had the same issue with my 1 staff member who Salary sacrifies a small part of their wage.  I wasn't sure what was going on but I sent it all to the ATO as I couldn't see any issues. I just noticed my report was accepted...who knows????

trioplumb
Experienced Cover User
46 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

46Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

I have same error, but only for two employees reclassified as Closely Held Employees in new pay run.

Other employees salary sacrifice but no issue with these

I though I must have classified incorrectly, but now migh just push pays through and see see what happens

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi everyone

This error is caused by a change in the ATO integrations and is being worked on as a high priority. Processing salary sacrifice pays in the browser was one workaround that resolved the issue for some users. We have since been advised that not sending reports at the time of processing the payrun, then going to the Payroll reporting centre and sending the Not sent reports will allow users to successfully send those payruns. This can be done from the desktop if preferred.

We will update the previously linked post when more information is available.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post