GrossAmount Error: The derived aggregated gross YTD amount must not be a negative amount (ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000389)

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Karuna0607
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: GrossAmount Error: The derived aggregated gross YTD amount must not be a negative amount (ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000389)

Hi

We had the same issue and sent it through and it was accepted.  We did a little searching on the ATO and found this information which may help to explain the error - In your STP report, salary sacrifice components appear as positive amounts regardless of the salary packaging method you use. It's important to understand how your product manages salary sacrifice because some products may require you to enter negative amounts into your payroll so that calculations can be completed correctly.   It is also mentioned in the ATO Webinar https://tv.ato.gov.au/ato-tv/media?v=bi9or7odm11xjw  at about 1:05 min in. 

MYOB could put a tick box (like they do for reduction of annual leave etc) that could automatically reduce gross wages.  This would make the deduction a positive.  

Administrator24
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: GrossAmount Error: The derived aggregated gross YTD amount must not be a negative amount (ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000389)

Hi,

this is nightmare for us and hopefully that MYOB fix a.s.a.p as it is very hard to fix for payroll officers.

RobertTowns
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

when will this be fixed? I waited on the phone for three hours last Thursday to sort this out and it was still not resolved. I don't think the person I was talking to at MYOB even knew that there were so many with this problem

ACHI
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey, That is really not a good fix! I did try & do it yesterday but the pay run online was not correct. It did not have any of the TIL, Leave or KMs I had entered in the desktop version - was just everyones standard pays. So I would have had to recreate the whole pay run online.

I have instead just not reported ot the ATO yet, and will send an updated report once you have fixed this bug. It is not acceptable to just say use the online version, when it actually doesn't work and we're paying for the desktop one...

CarolineH1
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Did the Single Touch Payroll report work OK after you pushed it through?  I am having the same issue with one of my employees who sacrifice a % of their income rather than a set $ amount each pay.

ACHI
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Caroline, Yes it seems that I was able to push through the report in the payroll reporting centre afterwards. And from what I can see - it looks okay now. 

trioplumb
Experienced Cover User
46 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

46Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Caroline

no after hitting send again, my report is still setting at Not Sent - guess it will just sit there forever

I reversed the payroll transaction and processed through online web browser and this transaction seems fine

youth16
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have issues with the employee who has salary sacrifice only

The rest are ok.  So i went to the salary sacrifice to take off the salary sacrifice and push it throug.

@ACHI wrote:

Hi Caroline, Yes it seems that I was able to push through the report in the payroll reporting centre afterwards. And from what I can see - it looks okay now. 

Miriam1
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

My report to the ATO was rejected after submitting from the Web version. 

David14
1 Post
User

1Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I too have had these errors. Obviusly to do with RESC and Salary Sacrifice as l work for NFP sector.

So frustrating after spending hours over the phone talking to MYOB staff in NZ, Africa etc who were helpful but didnt solve the problem. Tried ringing again to be told there is a 3-4 hour wait. I know its a busy time of year, but surely these problems should be a high priority & fixed ASAP. I have waited 10 days to run the 8/7 payroll but still have the errors. Please advise when this error is going to be fixed? I am unsure how to acess file via the alternate means.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post