Guide for End of Payroll Year 2020

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Wendy2018
Trusted User
77 Posts
Trusted User
Australia
Trusted User

77Posts

8Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Guide for End of Payroll Year 2020

Hi,

Is there an end of payroll year guide for AR 2020. I see there is one for Essentials.

Thanks in advance

19 REPLIES 19
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Guide for End of Payroll Year 2020

Hi @Wendy2018 

Thanks for your post. For assistance with the EOFY we recommend you check out these help articles:

End of payroll year tasks 

End of payroll year with STP 

You might also be interested in the free self-paced online training courses we do have with regards to the Finalisation with STP and End of financial year tasks - see MYOB Academy for more information on those courses.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

ring09lisa
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi tracey

Thanks for this information.  If we follow just the two reports you mentioned, is that all we have to do for end of payroll year?

I have looked at the Academy videos and not what we who are looking for the printable guide for both financial and payroll year end tasks.

Many thanks

Lisa

LindaLou222
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracy,

I am using MYOB AR 2020.2 and the information here was for ye 2019. From what I read about this year with single touch payroll (see below) we dont have to do much at all. I tried to run a dummy payroll in July 2020 and it says you can only process this year or previous year? That doesnt make sense to me that you can process a previous year. However, I would like confirmation that we do not have to run and end of year before we can process July 2020 payroll and when will we be able to start doing this?

Thank you, Linda

Important changes for 2020

For those who have struggled through year-end in the past, you'll be pleased to know we've removed a lot of the tedious tasks, including

• installing a compliance update
  • closing the payroll year
  • manually loading new tax tables
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @ring09lisa 

Those two help articles I provided in my previous post do have all the information and links for finalising your payroll year.

If you do have specific questions please don't hesitate to post on the forum.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @LindaLou222 

The end of year process for finalising your employees through STP hasn't changed since the 2019 EOPY so those help articles are still valid.

The changes that have been made in AccountRight 2020.2 mean that you don't need to close the payroll year or load the new tax tables. This will be done automatically by the software on the 1st July. So from the 1st July you can simply start processing July pays. You don't need to reconcile and finalise the 2019-20 payroll year in STP prior to processing July pays, just make sure it's done by the ATO deadline.

And we have also added the ability to make adjustments in the previous payroll year. This blog article has more information on all the changes we have made in the latest upgrade: AccountRight 2020.2 is now available

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

LeoneA
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

In the Payroll Activity Summary, I have one employee where the Salarary Sacrifice Deduction is not listed, the amount has been deducted from the Wages column.

It is listed on the Pay Slip.

1. How do I correct this ?

2. How do I check how it is processed in the ATO Single Touch Payroll ?

Do I need to go to the pay period. cancel & re-enter it?

JAH2
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

WHAT ABOUT JOB KEEPER AND STP REPORTS ? WE NEED MORE INFORMATION AS THE REPORTS ARE NOT SHOWING JOB KEEEPER ON THEM ? 

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @LeoneA 

I would recommend checking that Salary Sacrifice has been set up correctly as per these help articles: 

Set up salary sacrifice super 

Assign ATO reporting categories 

If you are still having problems please send me screenshots of your MYOB payroll reports and YTD verification report by private message.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @JAH2 

The JOBKEEPER-TOPUP payroll category should have been set up with the ATO reporting category Allowance - Other. If it has been set up correctly it will be reported like all other allowances, ie, in the Allowances section of the STP report and not included in Gross payments.

When reconciling your payroll, you will need to add the Gross Payments and Allowances in the YTD verification report together. This total should match the Gross payments amount in your MYOB reports.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post