Holiday Leave Loading and No Loading

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Doodygirl
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Holiday Leave Loading and No Loading

Hi all,

I have a complex pay system with all staff on diffent agreements.  Those on Salary are paid holiday leave based on their salary with no loadings to apply.

Then I have staff on full/time and part/time award hourly rates that accrue holiday leave based on the amount of hours they work and these attract a loading at the time of leave being taken.

How do I set this up that the leave accrues in the correct entitlement area and then when leave is taken it comes out of leave loading wage area and takes from the balance sitting in the accured entitlement area.  Then the same for the salary staff that their accrued entitlements are paid from their accrued entitlemments and annual leave is paid with no loading.....

Two sepearate types of annual leave payments yet one bank of accured leave?

Help!

Cheers

Julz

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Holiday Leave Loading and No Loading

Hi @Doodygirl 

I'm sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. You would need separate entitlement payroll categories for each accrual type.

For the hourly employees, you'll need an entitlement payroll category with the Calculation basis set as Equal x Percent of Gross Hours. Click on Employee to link all hourly employees. In the Linked Wages category field select the Annual leave wage pay item.

For the salary employees, you'll need an entitlement payroll category with the Calculation basis set as Equals x Hours per. Click on Employee to link all salary employees. In the Linked Wages category field select the Annual leave wage pay item. If salary employees accrue at different rates you would need separate entitlement payroll categories for each rate.

You can use the same Annual leave wage category for both hourly and salary employees. When leave is taken the balance is reduced by the hours paid against the wage payroll category selected in the entitlement payroll category>>Linked wages category field.

Leave loading is a loading paid on top of annual leave, as such, it doesn't accrue like leave. There's a default leave loading wage payroll category in AccountRight with the Pay rate set as 17.5% (Regular rate multiplied by 0.1750) which is the general leave loading rate. If required you can change the Pay rate or create a new wage category. Click on Employee to link the hourly employees entitled to leave loading. 

When processing a leave pay run, enter the hours taken against the Annual leave wage category and the leave loading wage category. For example, if an employee takes 38 hours annual leave enter 38 against Annual leave pay and 38 against Annual leave loading.

These Help Articles have detailed information to assist with setting up and processing those pays:

Leave and entitlements

Leave loading

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post