Holiday leave accrual not adjusting

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ASparks
Trusted Cover User
73 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

73Posts

1Kudos

3Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Holiday leave accrual not adjusting

Help!

I have just processed unused holiday pay for 2 staff members.  Both are converting from part-time to casual employees. 

For one of the employees the holiday leave accrual in their card file now shows zero. For the other, the entitlement did not reduce and remains.  I've also checked the entitlement balance report. For the first employee balance is zero for the 2nd the balance remains at 50.92hours.

I've also tried processing a leave adjustment paycheque to reduce the hours for the 2nd employee.  Again the adjustment is not showing.

I've also cleared the cache's.  Logged out.  Tried everything.

Any idea why this figure is not updating and how I can get rid of it and reduce the entitlement balance to zero? 

Thanks

Annette

2 REPLIES 2
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Holiday leave accrual not adjusting

Hi @ASparks,

We do have a very helpful Help article regarding the process of changing employee from full time, part time or casual

To pay out unused leave, it's recommended to use a separate wage category. This new wage category needs to be linked to the entitlement category used for the employee. Otherwise the hours recorded using the new wage category will not reduce the entitlement balance. 

You can certainly record a $0 pay run after to adjust the year-to-date leave balance. Could you please double check to make sure the adjustment was recorded according to the Help article, and with a correct date? 

If so, it would update the figures shown in employee card > payroll details > Entitlements > Year-to-Date column. It'll also be picked up in the Entitlement Balance Detail report, I would suggest running this report for the entire payroll year and check if the Hours from pays match Card balance.

Please do let us know how you go. 

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

ASparks
Trusted Cover User
73 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

73Posts

1Kudos

3Solutions

Re: Holiday leave accrual not adjusting

Hi @CloverQ 

I have checked the payout unused annual leave process and it is correct.  I followed the same process for another employee and the card balance was reduced to zero - so I'm baffled.

I followed your notes for adjusting year to date leave balance and now have a zero balance.

Thanks for your help!

Annette

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post