How to Pay Additional SG conts that was Underpaid previously

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
CIS-CL
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

How to Pay Additional SG conts that was Underpaid previously

Hi,

I processed a payrun in Apr2020 with SG super of $100. This $100 SG super was already remitted to the employee's super fund in May 2020. I subsequently realised that the employee was underpaid because I haven't included extra hours in his Apr2020 payrun so I reversed out the Apr2020 payrun and reprocessed the payrun to include the extra hours paid which resulted in a total SG contribution of $120. The full $120 SG contribution now appears in my Pay Super screen to be paid however the super fund has already received the previous $100 so I only need to submit an additional $20 SG contribution. How do I submit the extra $20 SG contribution when my Pay Super window shows a total of SG $120 as per the amended payrun ? 

Payroll Register and YTD verification report is correct for this employee and balances however I need to submit the extra $20 to his super fund. How do I pay the $20 when the Pay Super Screen shows the full $120 SG amount as per the amended payrun and not net difference $20?

2 REPLIES 2
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: How to Pay Additional SG conts that was Underpaid previously

Hi @CIS-CL 

The only way you would be able to do it would be to record two pays. One with the $100 of super and the second with the $20. This will then allow you to pay the extra through the Pay Super system to be paid to the employee’s super fund, and the remaining $100 would be paid through the pay Liabilities system.

By paying the previously paid amount through pay liabilities it records it only as a book entry and not as an amount to be paid through the pay super system and paid to the super fund again

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

CIS-CL
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User