How to account Annual leave pay, Personal Leave Pay and RDO Pay's hours

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

How to account Annual leave pay, Personal Leave Pay and RDO Pay's hours

Hi, here

Coule anyone help to answer my following questions:

We have staff working in the field. They acctually work 40 hours per week, the company pay them weekly. the company allow them to have 4 hours RDO (roaster day off) per pay period(each week), then the ordinary hourly is 36 hours per pay period(per week).

The current annual leave accrual and personal leave accrual is based on 4 weeks and 2 weeks respectively under 38 hours per week. 

My questions is: when they:

Take annual leave for one day, the entry for this, it  should be treated as 7.6 hours? or 8 hours? 

Take person leave for one day, the entry for this, it  should be treated as 7.6 hours? or 8 hours? 

Take RDO for one day, the entry for this, it  should be treated as 8 hours? or still 8 hours? 

Thanks very much for your great help.

Wen

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
811 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

811Posts

143Kudos

122Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: How to account Annual leave pay, Personal Leave Pay and RDO Pay's hours

Hi @wenx

I would like to extend to you a very warm welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge.

You should refer to your employee agreements, as that will tell you whether your leave calculations are based on 8 hours or 7.6 hours, but I can offer some general advice on how to set it up. You can refer to our help notes on Leave and Accruals for details on how to calculate your leave. But whether or not an employee will be paid 7.6 or 8 hours when taking a days leave will depend on whether their accruals were calculated using a 7.6 or 8 hour day. From what you tell me, if an employee has a 38 hour week, then they will work on average 38/5=7.6 hours, however you should double check with your accountant on whether this is correct for your individual employee agreement. For details on how to record leave taken please view our help notes here.

Hope that helps, and please do let me know if you need any further help at all.

Kind Regards,

Stuart W
MYOB Client Support
Highlighted
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

@Stuart_W

Thanks very much for your reply, I will have a look tomorrow. then get back to you. 

kind regards

Wen

4 Posts
User
United Kingdom

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Our Moderator will surely help you to make you fix the problem still I say to check the data once again and then try. Hope someone will sort out your problem as soon as possible.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post