How to correct a Salary Sacrifice amount

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Keith_W
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

41Posts

17Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

How to correct a Salary Sacrifice amount

Due to an oversight, Salary Sacrifice for one employee was set to be a POSITIVE amount rather than a NEGATIVE for several pays. This resulted in increased pay for the employee & a negative balance in the Sal Sac account. How do I correct the error without disadvantaging the employee? Do I correct it incrementally by increasing the Sal Sac amount in each future pay until it cancels the underpayment? Can it be corrected by running a single 'zero' pay with the corrected amount amount in the Sal Sac category? 

Appreciate your help.....

5 REPLIES 5
Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Re: How to correct a Salary Sacrifice amount

Hello @Keith_W 

Generally speaking, if there are only a couple incorrect pays, it is best to delete and re-enter these. However if there are multiple incorrect transactions, it may be easier to make correcting entries as you have indicated. The best way to do this is a combination of what you have proposed: incremental $0 pays. In other words, you will need to enter a $0.00 pay for the employee against each month in which the wrong amount of super was paid. Please see this Help Article: Checking and adjusting superannuation, for full instructions on this process.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Keith_W
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

41Posts

17Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Emily - thanks for your advice.

The instructions, however, are for the Super Guarantee, & my problem is with Salary Sacrificed amounts which impact PAYGW. 

Can you confirm that the instructions are the same for both?

Thanks

Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hello @Keith_W 

Apologies for overlooking that; additional attention would need to be paid to the PAYG amounts in reconciling this for Salary Sacrifice. I would suggest refering to this former post on the forum from another user with the same scenario, who received a detailed suggestion as to how to handle that scenario. 

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Keith_W
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

41Posts

17Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Emily - I have reviewed the links supplied & they have reassured me that by adjusting future pays I will be able to reverse the negative Sal Sac balance.

Thanks again for your response

Keith

Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Hi @Keith_W 

That's great, glad to hear it. If this post has helped answer your query, please do click 'Accept as Solution' so that others can find this information more quickly in the future.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post